Dreaded Home

If yesterday wasn't crazy enough for him, today certainly was. Going home to gather his things... Ishimaru found the idea terrifying. As a perfect student, he held his expectations for himself extremely high. He wasn't allowed to make any mistakes, he had to be perfect all the time. His work, his behaviour. Sure it made others find him obnoxious... bossy even. He always lectured his fellow classmates on being their best versions of themselves, to present in a way that was admirable. But now... just this one mistake made him question if he was good enough to hold others to any standard. His one detention collapsed his self image, and now he might get the same degrading of his actions from his family... he didn't want to disappoint anyone, not like his grandfather did.

Taking a deep breath, Ishimaru let out a heavy sigh in attempt to push the weight of the world off his shoulders and focus on the task at hand. Finding something to wear. It was no secret Mondo was bigger than him. He was taller, more muscular, and his style was completely out of Ishimaru's comfort zone. He liked more fitted clothing, smart items. And Mondo... he was a complete delinquent. Pushing the hangers along, Ishimaru skipped past the tank tops. They were much too big, he'd be bound to accidentally flash his chest in something like that. The neckline would probably fall below his pectoral, and he certainly didn't want to go home like that. It wasn't long until he stopped at a basic grey hoodie. Sure it was big, but it was pretty basic. Wouldn't be revealing, had nothing that symbolised gangs on it, it was his best bet. Taking it out, he then slipped it on and sighs. It felt like he was wearing a dress... but it was better than something skimpy. Now looking through his trousers, all Ishimaru could find that would fit were some sweatpants with a tie on them. He could surely adjust that to his own waist...

While Ishimaru was getting changed, Mondo had finished washing up and was now going to the door, getting his shoes on and grabbing the keys to his motorbike. He was positive he'd have a big bag for Ishimaru to use. Looking through a cupboard, he soon found a shoulder bag the monitor could borrow. "Come on princess, stop being picky over how you look and let's go already! I'll get you an ice-cream after yours, good deal right?!" He called out. By getting food after... Mondo thought it could act like motivation.

Stepping out of the bedroom, Ishimaru sighs and nods "yeah ok... I agree to those conditions..." he said, looking up at the other and smiling weakly. Putting on his shoes, he thought it was a weird pairing but accepted it for now, tucking the boots underneath the sweatpants.

Walking outside together, Ishimaru watched Mondo getting onto the motorbike, then climbing on behind him. Wrapping his arms around his waist, he held on tightly. Second time around he was still nervous...

"Hey, bro. Calm down. I won't go too fast for you. Just chill out." Mondo then got his phone out "I'm unfamiliar with your neighbourhood... but I'll get us there." He set the directions, and soon enough they were off.

After a minute, Ishimaru began to relax. He trusted Mondo with keeping him safe. And the beautiful scenery was keeping him calm too... glancing up at the back of Mondo's head, Ishimaru stares for a moment. Beginning to smile, he closed his eyes as he rested his head on his back; hugging him tighter. The journey wasn't as long as he'd like however, soon the peace and joy he'd been feeling sunk as dread took over. He was now home...