1

-Elizabeth's POV-

I woke up with mom's voice saying "Elizabeth, darling, it's time to wake up."

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at mom who pulled some clothes out of my wardrobe and laying them on my bed at my feet.

"You seem happy today, mom..." I mumbled, sitting up before getting out of bed. She smiled at me, saying "We are about to get even richer soon!"

"How come?" I asked, pulling off my nightgown to put on the clothes mom pulled out for me.

"I will tell you everything at breakfast! Now get ready! The chefs made your favourite."

I smiled at her and nodded as she walked out of my room and closed my door. With a sigh, I continued putting on my clothes. It's never good when mom's happy. It means that something bad has either happened to the Drake business, which isn't all that bad since they're our rivals, or I will have to suffer.

Once I was finally dressed in my clothes, which was just jeans and a light pink off shoulders crop top. The sleeves was baggy and only reaches my elbows.

Then I went to put on some makeup, only eyeliner, and make my hair, which was let down. It didn't take long before I was done and went downstairs to eat breakfast, where mom and dad was already waiting.

"Good morning sweetie." Dad said, smiling at me. I smiled at him too, saying "Good morning."

I sat down in a seat, and grabbed some pancakes and then berries while asking "So what were you talking about mom?"

She smiled while eating the pancakes she had on her plate.

"Well, since we only design woman clothes and the Drake's only designs men clothes, we decided to put our business together to one! That way, we will have more costumers!"

"That sounds amazing." I said, smiling. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

"So you will be the owner of it then?" I asked her, pouring some juice in my glass.

"Well, no. We couldn't decide who would be the owner since he doesn't trust me and I can't trust him with it. He will just stab us in the back. We can't have both of us as owners either for... other reasons..."

"So who will be the owner?" I asked, confused. She smiled and said "The solution is that you, as the heir of my company, and his eldest son, the heir of his company, will marry each other and together be the owners of the new company. Then I will take care of the woman's part of the company and he will take care of the men's until you are both old enough to take care of it."

I was shocked. I didn't know what to say...

"So... you are forcing me to marry Drake's son?"

"Yep! That would be amazing because when the two of you get a child, which would preferably be right after you get married, the child will be the only owner of the company."

"When's... the wedding?" I asked. She gave me an even bigger smile, saying "Since we wants to unite our companies as soon as possible, it will be in a month. The most of the wedding is already planned. We just have to go and choose some dresses and invite the people you want to be there. That's why I tell you this now."

I slowly nodded, not feeling like eating anymore. A month... it's nothing... I'm going to marry someone I never met nor know nothing about in a month...

"So... umm... will I meet him before the wedding?" I asked, forcing my tears down as I just felt a lump in my throat.

"No, we haven't planned anything like that. It's not like it really matters when the time comes. You will just agree to the marriage and kiss him. We adults will fix the rest. Don't worry."

"And you are really okay with this dad?" I asked, turning to him. He only nodded, saying "Of course, it will earn us some more money."

I stood up from my seat, saying "E-Excuse me, I-I will just be going to my room and... inform my friends about these... news..."

"Oh yes, that's perfect. You should also choose two bridesmaids. Your fiance will have two groomsmen of his own, so you should have two bridesmaids for an even number."

"I... I understand..." I mumbled, leaving breakfast as I couldn't hold back my tears much longer. I locked the door and went to sit in my bed, messaging in our group chat to meet up.

. . . . .

Diane, Elaine and I was walking in the park, eating icecream. I had stopped crying before I went to meet them, but I was sure I would start to again after I told them.

"So? What's so important?" Diane asked, licking her icecream as me and Elaine both ate with our plastic spoons.

"Is something wrong? You sent like 10 crying emojis."

I nodded, mumbling "I... Mom has... I..."

"You have to speak a bit louder." Diane said. I saw Elaine nod with a sad smile, saying "Whatever it is, we are here for you. Always."

"I'm... Mom has arranged a-a forced marriage for me... with someone I never even met... in a month..."

It was completely quiet as I ate some icecream while trying to not cry. Diane then asked "But... it's illegal to force someone to marry another... and you are also only 16..."

"Yes, but my parents and his parents has money... they probably could make it work somehow... without it being illegal. They can do anything if they just puts their minds into it..." I answered. Wiping away a tear before it ran down my face.

"Isn't it anything we can do to stop it?"

"No...but... even if I don't want it, I at least want it to be bearable... so could you two... be my bridesmaids? Please? Mom is paying for everything, so you don't have to care about that..."

"It would be a honour, but... can't you just... skip the wedding or something?"

"No... everyone would hate me..."

"But you will be miserable-"

"I will either way, so it's better just doing as said... and earn something in return..."

"Sure Elizabeth, I will be your bridesmaid." Elaine said, smiling at me. I smiled back as Diane also agreed, even if they both tried to come up with some kind of plan to stop the wedding.

-Unknown's POV-

"That's an excellent plan, sir."

"I know. I'm brilliant." I laughed, drinking some wine. If everything just goes like planned, I'm going to become the richest man on earth... and I will make sure I be, whatever means it takes, even killing...