15

-Meliodas' POV-

I picked up the call as I saw it was Zel who called me. He rarely calls, so if he does, it has to be important.

We go to the same school, but in different grades, so we barely ever see each other at all... Not to mention that I go in a whole different building than he does...

"Hey Zel."

"M-Meliodas..." I heard him sobbing on the other side. Worrying took over me as I got up from the couch, walking to another room to not disturb my friends that was playing monopoly together.

"What's the matter Zel?" I asked, walking around in the kitchen. He sobbed a few times before mumbling "F-Father s-scolded me today..."

"Did he beat you?"

"Y-yes..."

"I'm coming to get you, okay? You can live with me as long as you want, okay?" I asked, but he just mumbled "N-No... I-I can't leave..."

"Why not? What's holding you back?"

"He-He said that if I-I don't do a-as he says, he's g-gonna hurt Gelda."

I continued walking back and forth, my anger raising. Gelda is Zel's best friend and I am sure that Zel has a crush on her. Fathwr has probably noticed that too and just have to use it to his advantage.

"Fine, but I want you to call or text me whenever you change your mind, you understand?"

He just mumbled a small "Y-Y-Yes..."

"Great... Was it anything else?"

"F-father told m-me to tell you that-that you have to g-give him a child soon... or-or you will regret it..."

I sighed, annoyed by this. Not only had he dragged Elizabeth into this, but now Zel too?! He shouldn't have to worry about me getting Elizabeth pregnant!

"Tell him to fuck off and that I'm not doing that." I replied, anger dwelling up inside me.

"I-I-I c-can't tell him t-that..."

Thinking about what I requested him to do, I mumbled "I'm sorry Zel, I'm just pissed off right now... You can tell him I'm working on it, 'kay?"

He mumbled a small "Yes"

We ended the call and furiously walked back to my friends. Elizabeth, Ban, King, Liz and Liz's friend was here. I sat down between Liz and Elizabeth again and Liz immediately pulled her arms around me.

"Your turn now, Meli..."

I grabbed the dice and threw it, doing everything I wanted before it was Elizabeth's turn. I laid my head on Liz's shoulder, watching the game and relaxing. Trying to cheer up a little.

"Is something wrong Meliodas?" A voice beside me asked and I looked towards Elizabeth who looked back at me. She has been shy and very quiet the majority of the time at this game since she doesn't know everyone very well.

"No, everything is fine."

"Oh, okay... You seemed a bit upset..." She mumbled, looking back at the game.

"It's completely fine." I told her, forcing a smile to her.

. . . . .

Liz stood up, saying "I should get going. It's getting late."

"You don't want to stay the night?" I asked her, holding her hand and hoping she would stay. She shook her head and said "You have fun with your friends."

"Okay, then let me drive you..." I said, about to kiss her cheek when her friend pulled her away from me.

"Don't worry, I can drive her. I'm going home too after all." He said, giving me a smile. I nodded, not really liking it much, but going with it either way. What am I supposed to say? 'No, she's mine. You can't drive her home'? That would just sound controlling.

"Okay, bye babe" I said and hugged Liz before they both just left without saying much.

"Great, they are gone" Ban said, falling back into the couch and drinking some beer. I gave him a small glare, saying "Why are you always so negative towards my girlfriend?"

"Meliodas, we have been trying to be supportive. We really have, but we can't deal with her anymore. She's not the one for you." King said calmly as Elizabeth just started cleaning up the game.

"What do you mean?"

"She's obviously cheating on you man!" Ban yelled.

"No, she's not."

"Yes she is. She leaned into her 'friend' and he was touching her leg while you talked on your call. We all saw it." King spoke, while Ban just nodded seriously, which is rare, especially when he's drunk.

I looked over at Elizabeth, asking "You saw this too?"

She picked up the game, starting to walk away while saying "Please don't bring me into this."

"Man, we are your best friends, why don't you take our word?" Ban complained. King nodded, saying "We only want what's the best for you, so why don't you trust us?"

"Because Liz would never! I love her!" I argued. Before I even knew it, Elizabeth had walked away and so had our staff, leaving me and my boys alone.

"Love really blinded you Meliodas. We are trying to help you out, to at least warn you, and you don't even consider what we're saying." King said, getting up from the couch and then continued "I'm going to bed. Good night and please at least think about what we told you."

Ban started laughing, acting as drunk as he was. I got up, saying "I'm gonna go to bed too. Don't overdo your drinking tonight, Ban."

"Sureeeeeee~ Nightyyyy~"

I walked up the stairs to mine and Elizabeth's room, going inside to see her talking to one of our staff members.

"I will go, good night sir, good night Elizabeth."

"Why aren't you calling her ma'am?" I asked, stopping him on the way out "You can't disrespect my wife lik-"

"Meliodas, I told him to. He's a friend." Elizabeth interrupted, as the waiter nodded. I let him pass, saying "Fine, you can go."

He walked away and I closed the door after him. Elizabeth stared at me quietly a few seconds before asking "Everything okay?"

"Yes- No- Ahh, it's nothing. Just annoyed."

"Want to talk it out?"

I shook my head, and she just went up and hugged me instead, mumbling "I'm here if you need someone to listen to."

"Thank you, Ellie." I mumbling, hugging her back for a short while.