12

-Elizabeth's POV-

Mael immediately ran up to me as I apologised to the police about calling them. His hands went to my face to check for injuries while asking "Elizabeth, are you okay?"

I smiled at him and nodded, carefully brushing his hands holding in my face off.

"I'm fine, he didn't hit me that hard..." I answered. He nodded and mumbled "Thank god."

With a nod, I turned to Meliodas, asking "Are you okay?"

He only nodded, saying "Please don't do that next time... I don't want you to get hurt..."

"I can't just stand there and watch."

He just stared at me a couple seconds, which made me feel embarrassed.

"S-So... umm... w-what were you t-t-two talking about?" I asked and he just grabbed my hand, saying "Let's talk more privately."

He pulled me up the stairs and into our room. I sat down in bed and asked "So? What were you talking about?"

He was walking back and forth in front of me, looking worried.

"A baby. Dad wants a grandson now and I know you don't want one and I don't want to force you to have one an-"

"Calm down... Sit down..." I said and patted the bed beside me. He did as told and sat down in the bed, making me ask "So your dad wants a grandson? Why?"

"I don't know. I doubt it is only for bragging, which scares me. If we don't have a child soon, he will probably hurt us in some way, but if we have one, he will probably... he... he might hurt you so I have the company by myself and dad can do whatever he wants with it then... because I can't stand up to him..."

I pulled him into a hug, only for him to flinch before laying his head on my shoulder.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?"

"No... my head just hurt... I feel a little dizzy..."

"You should lay down. Is there anything I can get for you?"

"No... but are you okay? Did he slap you hard? He never slapped anyone that isn't his close family, did he hold back?"

"I guess... it doesn't hurt anymore..."

"That's good..." He said as he slowly got up and grabbed his night attire.

"You sure you don't want me to get you anything?"

"Yes..." He said, making me nod and say "Then I will also change for bed..."

He nodded and I left, soon coming back as I was done making myself ready, just to see Meliodas already laying in bed with his arm over his eyes.

I went into my side of the bed and Meliodas suddenly spoke "Hey... so now when you are talking to me again... can we get to know each other more?"

"U-umm, sure... what do you want to know?"

"Anything."

"L-like?"

"Have you ever dated before? Had a boyfriend?"

. . . . .

I woke up when the sun hit my face and didn't feel like getting up. Should I get up? Or sleep 10 minutes more?

I suddenly heard a loud noise and looked at where it came from, to see Meliodas picking up a box from the floor and opening it.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sitting up. He looked at me a second before turning back to the box and pulling up some concealer, saying "Liz doesn't want to see me with bruises, so I have to cover it up."

I crawled up to sit beside him and grabbed his face, turning it towards me.

"Let me see."

He stayed quiet as I saw a big bruise on his cheek. I touched it slightly and he pulled away.

"Please don't touch."

I nodded, saying "Sorry..."

He opened the concealer and I watched him put it on the bruise. When he was done with that, he just put it back with a mirror and closed the box to push it underneath the bed.

"Okay, I'm do-"

"That doesn't look believable. Come here, I will help you cover it up." I told him and pulled him towards my makeup desk. I made him sit down and grabbed my stuff to help him cover his bruise up.

. . . . .

I smiled at Diane and Elaine as we were ready to go out to the party. We made each other's hair and put on makeup on each other and even choose outfits together, which we bought just before stating to get ready.

It was so fun and we are all ready for the party now, which we are doing now.

"Okay, let's get into the car!" Diane shouted, only for me and Elaine to ask "Who's driving?" at the same time. Diane gave us a big smile, saying "Since I'm the only one able to drive of us three, it's me of course!"

"I'm calling the taxi." I said and Diane just tried to convince Elaine to let her drive while I talked in the phone to get a taxi driver.

. . . . .

Diane, Elaine and I was having fun dancing and talking to people until I excused myself for a drink. They all just nodded as I went over to the drinks and grabbed a glass of water, only for a guy to speak up behind me "No alcohol?"

I turned around and gave him a smile, saying "N-No, thank you... I don't drink..."

"Shame, it's more fun to drink." He said and I just mumbled "I-I will go back to my frien-"

He grabbed my hand, asking "What about a dance?"

"Oh, ummm, I don't really feel like dancing... m-maybe next tim-"

Pulling me even closer to him, my hands landed on his chest as I caught myself from falling onto him. His arm wrapped around my waist and he whispered "Or we can take things to the bedroom."

"N-no! No... L-Let me go..."

"But I kinda like this."

"Let me g-"

"Didn't you hear her? Let go of her now." I heard and I immediately looked at the boy who spoke.

"Who are you to tell me that?"

"I'm her boyfriend. Now let her go."

"Fine." The guy mumbled and pushed me towards my saviour, who caught me and helped me onto my feet.

"What are you doing here Elizabeth?"

"I know Jelamet, what about you?" I asked, smiling. He just returned the smile and said "Same."

I kissed his cheek, saying "Thank you for saving me, Mael. I'm so happy you did."

"N-no problem... heh... umm... do you want to spend some time with me at this party?"

"I would love to..."