5

-Meliodas' POV-

The priest spoke up "Great, no objections. Meliodas, when you take Elizabeth's hand in marriage, do you promise to be kind, trusting, tolerant and understanding? Do you promise to stay together for life until death do you apart? Do you, Meliodas, take Elizabeth to be your wife?"

So her name is Elizabeth... So she isn't just alike Liz, but  also has the same name as her...

"I do."

She looks so sad even with her smile... but it is a forced marriage after all... It would be strange if she wasn't sad...

"Elizabeth, when you take Meliodas' hand in marriage, do you promise to he kind, trusting, tolerant and understanding? Do you promise to stay together for life until death do you apart? Do you, Elizabeth, take Meliodas to be your husband?"

"I..."

She was quiet a second, seeming to debate with herself if she should agree. I started getting worried about her answer, but also felt relieved that she might refuse.

"Elizabeth!" I heard her mother whisper to her.

"I do..." She finally said, crushing all my hope. Dad gave the priest the rings, who put them in front of us.

"You may now put on the rings on each other as a symbol of this marriage."

I stared at the two rings, taking one of them while seeing Elizabeth put her hand in front of me. I slowly and carefully pulled the ring onto her finger before she picked the other ring and did the same on me.

"You may now kiss the bride."

I looked at Elizabeth, who avoided eye contact. I grabbed her forearms gently, forcing her to look at me. That was my chance to quickly peek her lips.

I then stepped away from her as the priest said "You two are now officially married. I hope the two of you will be happy together."

We both nodded to the priest, who smiled at us before looking out at all the guests.

"Now it's time to celebrate the newly wedded."

People started applauding and cheering as I stretched out my arm for Elizabeth to hold. She slowly grabbed it and we walked down the aisle with our parents following.

As soon as we was out of sight from everyone, Elizabeth let go of me.

"Great. Time for opening gifts and cutting cake." Elizabeth's mom said happily. Dad patted my shoulder, saying "Yes, the wedded should welcome every in too, aren't they?"

I gave him a nod in understanding, walking over to the big dinning hall with Elizabeth close after me. I opened the doors, seeing all tables laid and some open space all the way at the end with some bags, presents and the table of desserts.

With a sigh, I turned to Elizabeth, asking "Are you ready to let everyone in?"

She only gave a small nod, avoiding even looking at me. I didn't really care though and went back to the aisle, pulling the doors open and standing to one of the sides.

"Everyone, time to eat." Someone behind me announced, which was Elizabeth's father. People walked inside as I was greeting as many as I could. It took about 5 minutes for everyone to walk inside and find a seat.

Dad stood up at his chair as me and Elizabeth walked over to the empty space. It went quiet as dad cleared his throat.

"Everyone, thank you for witnessing this wedding and for being here. I wish you a good evening. Now let the wedded open your gifts." He then sat down quietly as everyone turned to us.

"Like dad said, thank you all for coming..." I mumbled as we went up to all the gifts. I just felt awkward as I picked a random gift and read who it was from and opening it with Elizabeth, mostly just letting her open it as I held in it.

We then wrote a contract about taking over the family business, which was our parents gifts.

Once everything was open, we cut the two first slices of cake together for us to eat before everyone got to start eating.

. . . . .

The wedding was over and we was sitting in a car, going to our new, shared home. It was completely quiet as the driver drove us. We sat on either side of the car, starting out the window and the silence... it was unbearable for me.

I turned to look at her and I saw that she noticed in the dark car window.

"Sorry, but have I done something for you to dislike me?" I asked. She turned to me and just shook her head.

"Then why don't you talk to me?"

"I don't know you..." She mumbled, now staring down at her feet. I nodded, understanding what she meant. We are strangers to each other... We met just today and know nothing about each other.

I sighed, looking at the contracts in my hand. One being the marriage contract and the other the contract for our new company, Liones and Drake.

"Well Elizabeth, I think we should go through these contracts and start planning."

She turned to me, looking at the contracts in my hand.

"N-Now?"

"Yes, now."

"B-but shouldn't we write it up somewhere or have-"

"We have phones don't we? We write it down there and then we can print it out."

She looked down with a small nod.

"Which do you want to begin with? The marriage or company contract?"

. . . . .

I went into bed, looking over at Elizabeth who was talking in the phone with someone. She glanced over at me a second, standing up to walk away when I spoke "You can talk here, I don't mind."

She gave me a small smile, but walked out of the room either way. I groaned, feeling awkward. I think she dislikes me... She doesn't want to talk nor be with me...

Maybe I was too serious when we did speak... and at the wedding? Maybe I shouldn't have brought up the contract in the car? Maybe I should just have tried to get to know her?

I can't believe I broke up with Liz for... for this...

Some yelling came from the hallway, which made me regret all this even more... Please don't tell me she's some spoiled brat who doesn't even know how to take responsibility...

Elizabeth then came back into our room and sat down on the other side of the bed, putting her phone on her nightstand before laying down, meanwhile I just debated with myself if I should talk or let her be.

"Ummm... Are you... okay?" I asked, hearing her sobbing as she was crawled into a ball underneath the blanket.

She only nodded, making me just give her space as we both tried to get to sleep on different sides of the bed.

-Unknown's POV-

"The first step is done! Gather my friends for a celebration! I'm going to brag to everyone about this!" I ordered. My staff nodded and went to prepe and send out invitations.

I smiled, looking at all this. Now all I need to do is making sure they get an offspring, get rid of them and then get the company all to myself...

This is a wonderful day...