Chapter Nine

"The bad guys go bust!" Tiffany's voice boomed into the microphone as she and the crew stood in front of the museum. The cameras caught it as the bag guys were being pulled into hand cuffs, struggling if you will. "The nefarious six have finally been captured! I, Tiffany Fluffit, is first on scene." She said, dragging them towards the van. 

"Wow," the police chief said, catching the team off guard almost. "I just realized I have devoted my entire adult life to putting you in jail! You're my purpose! Without you, who am I?" Her words sounded too sad, emotional and good to be true. Wolf didn't believe it. He kept his arm tightly on Sabrina's wrist as the police stepped closer. "Ha! Just kidding! This is the best moment of my life! Alright, your chariot awaits." She motioned to the van before gazing down at the baby. "Ah yeah," She began to say, making Wolf turn to her shocked. "I've gotta take you away from these awful bad guys." She said, attempting to lift up the baby, but to no avail. Sabrina screamed bloody murder once again, trying to reach Wolf, who was fighting back. He blinked back a couple tears while doing so. The cameras were still rolling but he didn't care. Over in the other corner, something switched in Snake. That was his child. She needed to back off. He leaped over, grabbing Sabrina with his tail and trying to pull. That was when multiple policemen ran out onto the scene, tasing Snake and putting him into the van. Everyone cried out, and Sabrina was taken. Snake didn't take much damage, but watched as Sabrina bit the police chief, squirming to safety. He cheered her on mentally before resting against the wall. Wolf then had an idea. 

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" Wolf cut off the governor, who now held Sabrina in her grasp. As she pulled the baby closer for whatever reason, Wolf went on. "Sorry to interrupt but I just wanna congratulate the governor here. Got to say, you really had us pegged." Wolf began to state, the governor frowning at him, Sabrina smiling because she was taken away from those terrible policemen. "We're just a deep well of anger self loathing-"

"Denial." Foxington cut in. Wolf didn't care. "Narcissism, emotional emptiness-" 

"We're on the same page." Wolf interrupted. "Sadly, we were never given the chance to be anything more than second-rate criminals. If only there were someone who could help the flower of goodness inside of us bloom." Wolf continued. "Some icon of love and forgiveness, like, I don't know." Wolf paused for a moment to wink at the professor. "Someone like Mother Teresa." Wolf added, sighing. "Best thing is to throw us in jail for the rest of our hopeless lives-" 

"That's the plan." Says the police chief, happier sounding. "And it makes me smile just thinking about it!" The police chief tried to push them into the van, but they were stopped by Marmalade shouting out. 

"Mr. Wolf might be a beast, basically walking garbage," Marmalade stopped to turn to Mr. Wolf. "Sorry, I'm just trying to make a point." Wolf shrugged. 

"Do what you have to." Wolf told him. Meanwhile, Sabrina was being tapped on the nose by Diane, which made her giggle. Snake, which was tased, would glare at the sight if he could. 

"How can we say they're hopeless if they've never been given a chance. How can we take this child away when we don't even know how they parent her?" Professor Marmalade told the crowd, making them share a couple murmurs of agreement. "What if we tried a little experiment, Diane." Diane let a disapproving look spread onto her face. "As you know, my gala for goodness, the hashtag charity event event of the year is coming up. If I can prove to everyone at the gala that the bad guys can change, will you set them free and give them a clean start?" The crowd gasped at the words. Before Diane could speak, police chief ran up. 

"What?! No, no, no, no!" She started to yell. Sabrina began to squirm out of the governor's arms. "Professor, don't you see what they're doing? They're playing you!" Those words didn't change Marmalade's mind. 

"But it was my idea!" Marmalade whined out, making Wolf smirk. Snake slithered out of the van, looking around through blurry eyes. Everyone watched the governor's reply. 

"Professor, I am not about to put our city's safety on the line for an experiment." As her words came out, Wolf decided to break in. 

"Excuse me, madame Governor, I seem to remember someone once said, 'even trash can be recycled into something beautiful." His words were as smooth as honey. The governor seemed to take it, nodding and putting the baby down. 

"Okay, I'm game." Diane said, making Wolf smirk a little. 

"NO!" The police chief yelled out. 

"But," Diane began to add on. "We'll hold on to that dolphin until the gala so no further temptation is produced." 

"Of course! Good thinking! That's why you're the governor!" Marmalade told Diane. "Now that everyone's happy-" 

"I'm not happy!" The chief shouted out, stomping her foot angrily. Marmalade ignored her and went on. 

"I, Rupert Marmalade, will turn the bad guys into..." A pause for dramatic effect only lingered a second. "THE GOOD GUYS!" There was a cheer that erupted from the crowd. Wolf slipped off his cuffs and handed them to the chief. Things were about to get good. Wolf then scooped up Sabrina and went into the back of the van without anyone noticing. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Snake snapped, whispering almost. Sabrina laughed and waved when she saw Snake, and this made him smile, but he caught himself, looking at Wolf once again with a glare. What the snake did Wolf just get them into?!

"What?" Wolf asked, leaning back calmly. After a moment, he realized. "Oh that, I'm sorry I thought it was obvious! We're going 'good'!" 

"What?" Everyone asked, perplexed. That's not what they thought was going on. 

"Um you totally lost me." Web's said. 

"I told him to stop drinking out of the toilet." Piranha added nonchalantly. 

"Boo!" Sabrina balled her fists and slammed it on her knee lightly. 

"Hey, did you get hit on the head?" Shark asked in a worried tone. 

"No, no! I didn't get hit on the head!" Wolf said, shaking his head.

"My cousin got hit in the head, after that, he only swam in a circle." Shark told them, making some murmurs come out. 

"No, no, we are going to pretend to go good." Wolf began to explain. "Just a few days with Marmalade, talking about our feelings, drinking cucumber water, I'll never be a cool criminal again, yada yada yada-" Wolf shook his hands around as he went on. "And the we roll into the gala as the good guys, and come out with the..." He trailed off, gazing at his team to see if they understood. 

"Gold?" Sabrina asked, making Wolf snap his fingers and point to her. 

"Exactly, the golden dolphin! See, even a baby gets it you guys!" Wolf falsely mocked, patting Sabrina on the head. "You're very intelligent, you know that." He muttered to the baby, who blinked, not knowing what that meant. Wolf lifted his hand awkwardly before turning to Snake. 

"Bad guys, acting good! It's the ultimate scheme! You're a genius wolf!"