Chapter Twenty

Groggily, Sabrina opened her eyes. She shook a little, gazing around. Wolf and Diane had already woken up. "Yeah, it was a trap." Wolf now felt dumb. Diane glared at him until they both heard a voice.

"Well, well, well," Marmalade began, sounding a bit villain-like. "If it isn't my prized people." He gazed at both Wolf and Sabrina before his eyes landed on Diane. "And you've brought the governor! Or should I say," Diane glared at Marmalade as he spoke. "The Crimson Paw." He said, making Diane growl. "Oh, I see that Sabrina got her own little outfit too. She looks just like a mini-Crimson Paw!" 

"How'd you know we'd even be here" Wolf asked slightly under his breath, loud enough for Marmalade to hear. He seemed happy he asked, looking at his fingers.

"I heard from a little friend." Marmalade motioned to the door, and when they looked, Snake slithered through. He was grinning and it almost looked evil. Not just bad anymore.

"Hey buddy, how's it hanging?" He greeted, slithering closer. Wolf had wide eyes, but then it turned into a glare.

"Snake." He muttered. 

"What can I say," Snake began to tell him, hugging around Marmalade. "We just clicked!" It made Diane cringe when she heard the words. She glared at the reptile. The traitor. 

"Oh yeah," Wolf stated. "How does it feel to be working for your favorite food?" Wolf asked, venom lacing his voice. Snake didn't care. 

"Ah, you're just jealous!" Snake smiled while speaking. "It's the heist of the century. It's got everything!" Snake told him half excitedly. "Betrayal, a meteor, mind control!" Snake then slithered up to Sabrina and began to untie her down.

"What are you doing?" Wolf asked, making the rope spin around with a shake of his head. Snake smirked.

"Taking my child with me." Snake said. Sabrina had finally been untied, and she hugged Snake for getting her down.

"Don't bring her into this, Snake," Wolf started to raise his voice. "She doesn't know which side is which!" His voice was loud, almost on the verge of both yelling and slightly tearing up. "Snake!" He shouted out as Snake pulled her close. 

"Why shouldn't I?" Snake began to ask, his voice now lacing venom. "It's not like she'll stab me in the back! Give away all our loot! Huh, Wolf? Think about that?!" Snake asked, Sabrina gazing up when he started yelling. Marmalade had a smug look as he looked between the two, taking Sabrina's hand. Diane glared at Marmalade as she saw the movement. "No you don't, because you don't care. All you care about is feeling 'good' and that stupid tail wag." Snake began to slither away, taking Sabrina with him. Marmalade waved at Wolf annoyingly before following Snake. Diane looked at Wolf.

"Wolf, it's gonna be okay." Diane began to reassure before looking around, Wolf in shock, staring at the door. Sabrina was gone. Who knew what Marmalade would do to both her and Snake. It was over for sure. "I've just gotta find a way out of here." She gazed around, Wolf shaking his head. 

"I don't think-" Wolf tried to say, before Diane pointed at a circuit. 

"Look! If we can break that circuit, the door may open." She was smiling widely, but then smirked as she looked to her pocket, realizing they forgot to cut her loose of one weapon. A pocket knife. "Bingo." She muttered.