Chapter Seventeen

The gang wore that infamous, orange jail clothing as they walked inside the jail, plopped down and said nothing. Everyone shared a glance but nothing was said. Wolf had thought about what he'd done. None of this would've ever happened if he hadn't wanted to prove that the dang governor was wrong. Snake was about to ask if he was okay, but there were likely chances he'd snap. Snake knew that Wolf felt guilty, and he did too. But most of all, he felt hate. Hate for that sickening ruthless guinea pig called Professor Rupert Marmalade. The gang could be hanging out right now, being bad. But that's the thing, Wolf didn't want to be bad anymore. He loved attention, and when he got it in a good way, he couldn't help it. 

"Hey Wolf, you," Snake began, pausing and wondering if he should go on. "Okay?" Wolf tried not to be irritated by his friend and groaned, placing his face into the bed. 

"No, Snake, I am obviously not okay." He stated loud enough so it could go through the bed. Snake heard and shook his head a little. That wasn't what was supposed to come out, but, Wolf went on. "This whole plan. My whole life. Everything was a lie." Wolf sighed, moving around to face the ceiling. 

"Not everything, at least I hope not," Snake's words made Wolf turn towards him. "Sabrina?" Snake prompted. "She is the only thing in this whole situation that Marmalade didn't set up."

"Yeah," Wolf muttered, thinking about it. "I just hope she's okay and didn't go into the custody of-" He paused, wincing at the thought. "I don't even wanna say his name!" 

"No, I think she's with Diane, she's in good hands Wolf." Snake said before commotion began to strike its way into the jail area.  That's when a fight broke out between two ninjas. Both of them had awfully familiar silhouettes. Especially the smaller one. 
After a whole fight took place, a really cool looking one, the bad guys shared a glance before looking at them. That was when Diane revealed herself, smirking and all. 

"What the-Diane?!" Wolf asked, almost stuttering. 

"But how did you do all that kick-kick and punch-punch stuff?" Piranha asked. 

"Wait a minute," Wolf began to say. "You're the Crimson Paw." He paused, staring shocked, stunned, and excited. "The Queen of Cons, Acrobatic Swiss Army Knife, stole the Zumpango Diamond twice, once for profit, second for fun. Never identified, never caught?!" After Wolf's words, Diane smirked at how much he knew. 

"Looks like I'm the best and baddest in the world, huh?" Diane asked, then looking to her partner in crime. "I also had some help if you noticed." Diane started, the whole gang turning their attention to the smaller one. As the child struggled to take off her mask, Diane helped, revealing Sabrina, who was happy to see the guys. 

"Sabrina!" The whole gang yelled out together. 

"You taught her the kick-kick and punch-punch stuff?!" Piranha asked in excitement. Just then, the alarm went off and Diane prepared to fight, allowing the gang to have a small reunion. Thousands of guards were probably on their way. 

"Sabrina! How's it been?" Tarantula asked, making Sabrina bounce up a little. "Good? That's good."

"What fight moves did you learn?!" Piranha blurted out.

"Ah-gah!" Sabrina told him in baby words, making Piranha nod quickly, understanding. 

"That's great! Can you teach me sometime?" Before Sabrina could answer, Snake slithered over.

"Did you see anything you weren't supposed to?" Snake busted in immediately. "Are you okay in general?" Sabrina stepped back and smiled.

"Ah-yah." She answered, making Snake sigh in relief. Over in the other corner, Diane was thinking up a plan to get Marmalade to give up the meteorite and expose himself. Of course it'd be hard, so they'd have to do it for him.

"Okay I need to go to Marmalade's house, find the meteorite, bring it back to the police and take the genius down." Diane muttered to herself. "Wolf, Sabrina, you both and I are gonna take a little trip to my place." Diane looked down to Sabrina. "You ready?"

"Reggie." Sabrina stated in her baby tone.