Chapter Twelve

The next day was shining bright, but that didn't stop the 'bad guys' from looking like 'sad guys' instead. They had failed to be (or at least try to be) good. Diane had come all the way to the mansion, and stood in front of the gang holding up a newspaper. She glared slightly at the gang as they read the headliner. The gang pretended to look a little sheepish, although Diane saw right through it.

"Trespassing, mayhem, assault with a deadly reptile! This is a new kind of low!" Diane yelled out to them, making Sabrina look to her feet sadly. Diane gazed at her with a hint of guilt but that didn't stop her from going on. "As if those poor rodents hadn't been through enough already!" 
Diane pulled out her flip phone, Sabrina gazing up. "I'm sorry professor, but this experiment is over. I'm calling the chief." As she dialed the number, she went on. "And then the CPS." The words made Wolf's eyes widen. 

"What?!" The whole gang asked, making Diane pause her dialing and turn to them, a serious expression on her face. 

"I'm sorry but this child is not yours, and she never was. As much as I would like to allow you to obtain the child, I can't let you have her in jail with you. Not just jail but prison." Diane told him, making Snakes guilt rise up above a balloon at his birthday party. Diane continued dialing, Marmalade arguing throughout the thing. 

"Experiments take time, Governor Foxington!" Marmalade cried out, not stopping her from frowning. She paused once again to gaze at the professor, at least willing to listen to his point. "Please, give them a chance." As governor Diane continued using her big words to explain, Webs and the gang were thinking. Snake mainly. Sabrina was about to be taken out of their custody. What were they gonna do?

"Guys, what do we do now?" Webs asked sadly. The team shared a glance. 

"I don't know, I just feel so..." Snake began, thoughts racing through his head. "Bad. And not in a good way either." Wolf nodded slightly.

"I think it's time we launch a charm offensive." Before Wolf could go on, Snake shook his head. 

"No, no," He began, looking at Wolf, who was taken back by this. "Maybe we should just talk to her?" Snake paused, gazing towards his child. That's what she was, and he wasn't afraid to say it anymore. For so long, he had wondered what this was. It was love. Love for his daughter, Sabrina. Wolf could see the look in his eyes and frowned sadly. 

"Here, I'll try." Wolf told his friend, gazing into his sad eyes, but getting no look back. Sabrina noticed the sad look too. She tugged Snake's tail gently, Snake looking down at her and smiling. Wolf then went to talk to Diane.
"Madame Governor, please." Wolf began, sounding fully believable. Diane didn't though. "We've changed, that flower of goodness, it's..." He paused for a moment. "It's blooming." 

"I've given you guys countless opportunities to change, the same thing happens every time." Diane stated, making Wolf frown a little more. "You wanna change? Start by doing the right thing. That child, she's not yours." Wolf and Diane both gazed at Sabrina, who despite the sadness, she managed to bounce around laughing. Sabrina didn't understand what was about to happen. Wolf gazed at her a little longer while Diane kept talking.
"And whether we like it or not, she has real parents. Don't do it for them, though, do this for you. This is your chance to rewrite your story and be the good guy." Diane went on. "A chance to find a better life for you and your friends," Diane paused for a moment, staring with deep understanding into Wolf's eyes. "And for Sabrina. Come on, what do you have to lose?" Diane asked, stepping back and laughing just a little. Wolf shrugged slightly. 

"I don't know, my dignity?" He half asked, making Diane look him up and down. 

"Yeah, well that ship has already sailed." She put her phone away and went to her car, rolling down the window after starting the car. This set Wolf off. 

"You're not calling the chief or DHS?" Wolf asked, hope lightly lacing his voice. She didn't answer, which made Wolf a bit scared. "I'll see you, then." His words faltered as she drove off. Maybe she was right. Maybe he really did want to turn good. He looked at the gang having so much fun right now. He smiled as Sabrina stomped on Piranha's foot, making him yell out a little. Sabrina giggled and high-fived Snake's tail. 

Maybe he did really wanna turn good. 

Maybe...