christmas

Reader age: 6/7

It was Christmas morning and tou were so excited. You were the typical 6 year old who was very excited to open presents at 6am. You jumped out of bed and and swung the door to your moms bedroom open.

'MOMMY!' You said running in and jumping on her bed.

She opened her eyes and rubbed them. She saw you with your head cocked to one side staring at your mom to see if she was awake. You were confused as you had just seen her rub her eyes but she looked like she was asleep again. You walked up to her and tapped her head.

She whipped out her hand from under the duvet. She grabbed you round your stomach and began tickling you.

'NO MOMMY STOP!' You demanded.

'Baby are you ready to open some presents?'

'YES.' You practically screeched.

Your mom wrapped you up in your favourite blanket and carried you on her hip downstairs. She placed you on the sofa and handed you your presents and kept hers by her side.

You were sat surrounded by many presents. Your feet dangling off the sofas edge.
As you tore off paper off present your mom gathered all the pieces together into a black bag. She took so many photos of you smiling,laughing. She adored you.

After presents she took you upstairs for a bath. She towelled you dry and got you dressed.

'Right darling red or blue?' You mom queried, holding up two dresses.

'Blue.' You said.

You stood infront of the mirror twirling in your dress but then changed tour mind to red and back to blue again.

'Done?' Your mom huffed.

'Your fussy.' You said to Jennifer.

'Oh! I'm fussy?' She asked you.

'Yeah.' You giggled with your hands placed in your mouth.

Jennifer grabbed you and threw you gently on the bed and tickled you again.

It was breakfast time and you had pancakes with syrup and fruit.

'Yummy.' You said.

Suddenly a knock was sounded at the front door.

Jennifer walked over and unlocked the door. It was Courtney.

'Hi Jen.' Courtney greeted as she leant her head to the side and waved at you. 'I came to drop this off.'

It was a card addressed to your mom with a small present for you. Courtney left afterwards.

***

After your Christmas dinner, you watched Elf with your mom. She was spread into behind you on tge sofa as you were laying in your side,back pressed into her stomach. She kept one arm out and wrapped it round you. You fell asleep for the rest off the night.

It's rushed because I wanted to get something out for you.

Enjoy!