Stressed

Readers age: 18

It was 11pm and you were up studying for your A-Level exams. You felt your eyes getting heavy and closing every so often. Recently most school nights you had been getting 4-5 hours of sleep and on weekends you slept the whole day.

You felt yourself naturally wake up from the sunlight glistening through your curtains onto your face. You focused your eyes onto the computer screen in front of you and it was still on the page you left it before accidentally falling asleep.

The time read 7am and you had class in an hour and it was your first exam. Before heading out the door you got a 'good luck' from your mom.

At school you sat down for your exam. Towards the end, the sleep deprivation had caught up to you.
At the end of the day you headed home and fell asleep on the couch. 2 hours later your mom arrived home and she perched on the edge of the couch next to you. She stroke your hair and waited for you to wake up.

When you woke up, you sat up and cuddled into your mom. This was something you missed so much and something your studying had made a lower priority.

'So how was your exam today?' Jennifer asked.
'Alright I think.' You replied.

This was a lie as you had done more than enough to prepare yourself but you didn't want to worry your mom about the lack of sleep you had been getting.

You looked up your mom and couldn't keep it in.

'Mom I need to talk to you.'

'Sure what about baby?'

'So I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately and I'm so tired and stressed all the time and I can't-'

You were cut of by the lack of air you were getting and the streams of tears running down your face.

Your mom pulled you close and did some deep breaths with you to calm you down. She didn't say a word but your mom actions were comforting enough it calmed you down almost instantly.

I was thinking of writing another book (obviously still update this one too). I was thinking maybe a marvel cast x teen reader but I'll tell you guys if I make one.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.