Christmas tree

As it's now December why not?

Readers age: 16

'Come on y/n I'm leaving now.' Your mom called from downstairs.
'I'm just coming.' you said running down the stairs with one shoe on.
As you got into the car Jen put on her Christmas playlist and began singing along.
'You're all that I need.' She belted as she handed you the imaginary microphone.
'Underneath the tree.' You carried on.
As Jennifer was driving many more Christmas songs came up and you were singing along to them.
'Right we're here.' Jennifer said as she parked the car and told you to get out.
You had a arrived at a Christmas tree picking.
'How about this one?' Jennifer asked.
'No it's too skinny.'
'Right we're going to be here a long time. Little miss picky.' Jennifer said.
She grabbed you around the shoulders and you walked around for a bit.
'Okay this one.' Jennifer said eventually tired out from all the ones you had rejected.
'Yes actually. I like it.'
'Finally!' Jennifer announced. 'Only took you 30 years.'
'Oh shut up mom. Let's go buy it.'
Once you had arrived home, you started to decorate it.
'Okay.' Jennifer said, flopping on the couch. 'What colour scheme this year?'
'Hmm. Silver and gold.'
'Babe you know there's no gold baubles.'
'Yeah cause you smashed them all-'
'On accident.'
'Yeah yeah.'
There was a moment of silence while you both were thinking.
'Okay how about...' she said as she picked up two different coloured baubles. 'Purple and white?'
'Yes!' You said.
You placed a bauble on the tree.
'No y/n how many times have I told you? No 2 of the same colour next to each other. And look what you've done here. 2 big baubles right next to each other!'
After you had decorated the tree Jen made you both a hot chocolate.
'What movie do you want baby?'
'Hmmm...home alone.'
Jennifer put it on and covered you both in a blanket. You leant your head on her shoulder and watched the movie.