Self harm

Tw: self harm

Lately you had been putting a lot of pressure on yourself. Forcing yourself to do a tonne of revision whilst also attending your moms award ceremonies and filming a new movie. It had gotten too much and it was hard to find a way out. You needed an escape. A way to take some of the pressure off your back. You began to self harm. It had started around 3 months ago and you had been hiding it from your mom pretty well.
You were revising in your room and it had been 5 hours and you hadn't given yourself enough time to rest.
'Sweetie I brought you some cookies do you want one?' Jennifer asked from outside the door.
'Not now Mom.'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes! God mom just fuck off.'
After that it went silent. You went back to your revising, tears welling in your eyes.
Why did I speak to my mom that way?
I'm such a bitch.
You went downstairs avoiding your mom and stepped into the bathroom. You stared at yourself. Your eyes,your lips, your nose.
You clenched your fist and smashed the mirror. Pieces of glass surrounded your feet. You picked one up and jammed it into your wrist.
'Fuck.' You whispered.
You dropped the shattered piece of glass and slid down the back off the bathroom wall holding your wrist and loudly sobbing.
'Y/n everything okay?' You heard your mom say.
'No.' You sobbed.
Jennifer pushed open the door and saw you sat in the glass blood trickling down your arm.
'Baby what happened.'
'I don't I don't. It's hurts mom it really hurts.' You cried.
'I know I know.'
'No you don't know. You really don't. I'm so stressed and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry mom I let you down I know I did.'
'Don't you dare say that.'
Jennifer ran to get bandages and began to wrap it round your wrist.
'Nothing you could do would ever let me down. You're my special girl and I love you more than anything.'
'You mean that?'
'Of course I do.'
She pulled you close and stroked you hair as you cried into your shoulder.
'I love you. It going to be okay.'