•Chapter- 5•

(Please read the author note you guys!)

"How the fuck do you manage to balance both studies, sports, and research work?! That's it! I am gonna research your brain and see what it's made of" Rohit said slumping in the chair and I smiled. Zain smacked his head making him whine.

"Stop complaining about how he works and do yours for a change" Zain said and Rohit grumbled under his breath.

It's mid sem time and we have a lot of work to do as our Master's will be completing this semester and we will be going for jobs. My elective exams are also coming up so it's kinda hectic for me but it's alright as I can manage it.

Exams are most probably due next week so everyone is running around to get their crap together.

"Oh, by the way, you asked about that girl right? Her name is Paridhi Sharma and she is in Fine Arts as she already introduced herself. She is from the Banglore campus and is an A-grade student. Super talented and everyone likes her. Bit of a klutz from what I got to know but she is damn good. Never been in a relationship, single and available" Rohit said stressing the available word and I nodded my head.

"I asked for her name and batch details, not her biodata. That's a violation" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Not a big deal. Now, are you interested in her?" He asked and this time I rolled my eyes.

"She seemed new here so I asked. Plus I forgot her name that's why I asked you" I said and Zain snorted.

"You forgetting her name? Ever since she came to our table that day to give you your book, you have been smitten by her. And you remember her name well, in fact, admit it, you wanted to know her relationship status" Zain said smirking and I looked away shrugging my shoulders.

"Maybe" I said and both of them are full-blown smirking at me right now.

"What? She seemed nice....just wanted to know who she is" I said in my defense and when I saw that they still are mockingly smiling at me I just stood up saying.

"Am going to Anurag Sir's cabin. He called me before to come to meet him" I said to escape them and started walking away only to hear those assholes laughing in the background.

I shook my head smiling and walked towards my mentor's cabin. As I walked I saw many people paying attention to my every move and felt irritated. Attention is one thing I don't really like and unfortunately, I get that a lot.

Oh before all that, Shourya Thakur here, only son of an IT head Rajat Thakur and famous doctor around here Shivani Thakur. Both my parents are used to the limelight as they are both important people in their fields. Me, though am talented and I know that I am, don't like it so much. You think being one of the head members and face of a college would get you there but it only makes me uncomfortable.

People here gossip a lot about me because of so many things like me being top in my academics, sports, internships, or jobs or me not talking to girls. Oh, man! For some reason, a boy not talking to a girl is a huge deal! Like why? I never really was interested in any girl and I don't usually talk to them unless needed. Why is it a huge topic of introspection? I can never really understand but maybe that's why my friends are also really curious about knowing why am showing a little bit of interest in this girl......