•Chapter- 25•

I smiled as I took off my shirt to go shower

I smiled as I took off my shirt to go shower. I wore a maroon and white checkered shirt and black jeans today. Maroon is my munchkin's favorite color and she absolutely jumps on me whenever I wear it. In fact today morning she was literally drooling over me saying I looked so hot and that she would totally "do me" right there.

Life, after she came along has been so good. So beautiful. It is so amazing how in the most unexpected of times your life changes in the most unexpected way.

These past two days ever since her bua made a huge scene at her house, I just wanted to go and wrap her in my arms and protect her. I know how much it affected her and I just wished to take her away and not let her little head stress at all.

I wore my t-shirt and shorts and went down as my mother served dinner for all three of us.

"Shouru, you are just in time. Come on let's eat" Maa said as soon as she saw me.

As we settled down and served ourselves, Dad started the conversation.

"When is your internship starting beta?" He asked as he served some rajma curry for himself.

"It's going to start right after our event next week Dad. In the meanwhile I'll get my results and I'll apply for transcripts as well" I said and he nodded his head.

"That's good!! When will you be leaving?" Maa asked.

"Todays......Friday right? I'll be leaving Thursday" I said serving some more rice for myself.

"We have to pack then. I already ironed some of your shirts and will pick some shirts out for you to take. See if you like them and would want to pack something else as well" Mom said and I nodded my head.

I cleared my throat gaining both of their attention as they looked up and told the thing I have been meaning to since I came home today.

"I...have to ask something from you guys?" I said and they nodded their head looking at each other.

"I want you both to meet Paridhi, my girlfriend" I said and both of their faces first displayed surprise and then both of them broke out into smiles.

"Of course! I was wanting to talk to you about that after you come back from the trip!" Mom said and I smiled.

"Yes, but we can meet her this Sunday maybe? If she has no other plans? Lunch perhaps?" Dad said and I nodded my head.

"I'll ask her and will let you guys know" I said and they both nodded their heads.

I wanted my parents to meet her for a very long time. And since her parents anyways know about us, I want mine to as well.

"I can't wait to meet her!! I am super excited! Tell me what she likes so I can prepare those dishes for her okay?" Mom said excited and Dad and I chuckled.

"Calm down baby, you will scare her off with this excitement" Dad said and I smiled as Mom blushed at his endearment. My parents are so into each other after so many years that.....it makes me wanna have that too.

"What? I am just excited to meet her!" She said and I laughed.

"Mom, you will don't worry. And you will really like her" I said and they both smiled at me.

"Does her parents know about you guys?" Dad asked randomly and my face turned serious as I nodded. Noticing my expression dad questioned me.

"Is everything okay?" As soon as he asked I sighed and I told him what happened at her home.

Both of them listened intently and nodded their heads.

"Well....we can't speak for her parents but we understand. Hopefully, it resolves soon. Anyways let us know about the lunch plan okay?" Dad said and I nodded my head.

Later after dinner, Dad left to do some work and I was helping Mom clear out the dishes and clean them.

"So.....tell me about Paridhi?" Mom asked teasingly and I smiled.

"What do you wanna know?" I asked and she turned to me.

"Everything!!! She is the first girl my son ever told me about and I wanna know everything about her. I didn't want to pry or push you into telling me that's why I didn't ask anything before. I wanna know everything about her! How did you guys meet? How did you both get close? How far you both have come!? Come on!" She said and I chuckled.

"Her name is Paridhi Sharma. I call her munchkin.
She is as cute as a button. She is so beautiful! I love her eyes! They are extremely expressive. Her smile is to die for. Every time she smiles I feel so warm inside and that's what I fell for. She is understanding, and super insightful. She never judges me, and appreciates and acknowledges everything I do. Even if I do a small thing, she makes sure to tell me how proud she is of me.

She makes me feel.......I have never been a person who felt a lot of things. I just normally used to do my thing and live my life but she makes me feel. I don't know how to explain it......she just makes me feel heard, feel understood, and loved. She makes me feel so damn happy. We aren't doing anything and just sitting and not even talking but I am safe. I feel safe with her Mom and you know she pampers me a lot too " I said looking out the window while wiping the water off the plate.

It was like I was in a trance. When I think of her or speak about her...I go into this trance where except for her I don't know about anyone or anything else. She has me addicted to her.

"You love her so much" Mom smiled looking at me and it was a statement rather than a question.

I nodded my head and looked down. Mom took my face in her hands and stood on her tiptoes kissing my forehead.

"I am so happy for your Shouru. I am glad you found her. I can say just by the look in your eyes when you are speaking of her, how much she means to you. I cannot wait to meet her at all now. I'll also see what magic she has which got my son smitten" Mom said chuckling and I laughed along with her. After speaking about college and daily stuff with Mom I went to my room.

It's a daily thing for us. At any point of the day we three talk about each other's day and work stuff. To know what's going on in each other's life. My parents being busy people manages their entire evening so they can spend time with me. Well, it wasn't like this in the beginning but later after I grew up and told them how it's not fair to me and how I feel hurt too when they are extremely busy and don't care....it started changing slowly and we all are in a good place now.

Though I know they both love me so much and how they are so proud of me, my parents like to keep me grounded and they show love differently. They have their own ways and I sometimes crave to be pampered, be heard, to be acknowledged. I came to terms with the fact that they aren't that way. But at least they are trying and now they are better. Plus I got my munchkin who spoils me rotten. So I am complete at last.

Now the only thing is I can't wait for my munchkin to meet them!

Hello lovely people! Sorry for the late update! Had a lot going on in my head and at home! So munchkin is meeting the rowdy's family!!! I am excited about it! Are you tooo? Lemme know!!!