7: The Fight to End All Fights

November 3rd, 1984

We were all quite shocked to see Eleven standing in the doorway, dressed in a truly badass outfit. Complete with black high top converse, jeans, a cool jacket, black eyeliner and a hairdo that even made me jealous. El looked amazing and her powers were working perfectly based on the amount of damage she did to the not-lizard. The thing was beaten down for sure and it looked as though El had barely broken a sweat. I was very proud and was about to go up and hug her when Mike beat me to it.

"Eleven," Mike began and dropped the lamp he was holding before stepping forward.

"Mike," El said and smiled before closing the gap and hugging him.

They held onto each other for a solid minute as I smiled, snuggling close to Steve.

"I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for," Mike began.

"353 days. I heard," El assured and Mike raised a brow.

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" He asked and dad stepped forward.

"Because I wouldn't let her," dad informed and shoved past Mike before standing in front of El. "The hell is this? Where you been?"

"Where have you been?" El shot back had glared daggers as dad groaned.

"You've been hiding her. You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike shouted and tried to hit dad but he grabbed him.

He held onto Mike who slowly got more emotional before taking him into another room. Mike didn't understand why dad hid El but I did. I had the luxury of never being hunted by the people from the lab but El didn't share in that. Anyone could grab her at any minute and making sure that only the bare minimum of people knew she was alive was best. It was a harsh reality for them both and I hoped that after all this was over, dad would ease up on the restrictions. El deserved to finally live a normal life with friends and try to figure out wacky teenage hormones. I chuckled at the thought as Lucas and Dustin walked over and wrapped her in a group hug.

"We missed you," Lucas informed and El nodded.

"I missed you, too."

"We talked about you pretty much every day," Dustin said as he and Lucas pulled back.

El smiled at them but stopped and narrowed her eyes at Dustin's mouth. She touched it and he reared back in confusion.

"Teeth," El muttered.

"What?" Dustin asked and El touched his face again.

"You have teeth."

"Oh. You like these pearls?" Dustin inquired and did the weird purring noise that I had been meaning to tell him was weird.

No girl in any universe would think that was cute and Dustin had to stop lying to himself. It was frankly pretty creepy and I rolled my eyes before stepping forward, my sister noticing me and running over.

"El!" I exclaimed and she grinned before wrapping me in a tight hug.

"You're alright," El said and I nodded.

"I am yeah. Can you feel it?" I asked and she bobbed her head.

Because of our connection to the Upside Down, the lab and our powers we could both sense the impending doom hanging over the Byers house. There was something eerie about the woods surrounding it and if I had to guess I'd say the Mind Flayer had to be behind it.

"I can...I don't like it," El said, her eyes clouding over almost in fear.

"Neither do I," I assured and shuddered. "Oh..." I reached behind me and grabbed Steve before dragging him over to meet El. "...this is Steve. Do you remember him?"