25: The Weekly Watcher

March 24th, 1986

The night was very restless since I still had that image of Fred being crushed in the back of my mind. It refused to go away and I once again woke up early and made coffee, sidestepping Robin and the kids who had decided to stay over. I made a pot of coffee before hopping in the shower and staying for an exceedingly long amount of time, trying to wash all my troubles away. It didn't work all that well and I sighed before hopping out and getting dressed, meeting up with Steve and the others in the living room. They were all awake and I helped myself to a very large cup of coffee before taking a seat next to Steve on the couch. We then turned our attention to Dustin who grinned at us.

"Ok, so we need to grab Eddie some food and also check and see if anyone is looking for him. I brought portable Cerebro that Suzie helped my design so we can luckily check from anywhere."

Dustin pulled out a very large and clunky looking radio before setting it on the coffee table. He turned on the radio and tuned it until it caught the same frequency as the Hawkins PD police scanner. Dustin turned it up and we all sucked in a breath, waiting for someone to mention Eddie.

"I got no sigh of the Munson kid by the edge of town, the area of Eagle Drive to Peach Street is clear over. I repeat, no sigh of Eddie Munson on the outskirts over."

We call sighed when Callahan signed off knowing that wasn't good and if they suspected Eddie, it would only be a matter of time before they found him. Then everyone would be after him since Chrissy was the town darling and Eddie's nothing but a chain smoking, devil worshiping freak in their eyes of course.

"That's not good," I muttered and they all nodded before we solemnly got ready and headed out.

We stepped by Melvald's which was still standing despite Joyce being gone and grabbed some beer, cereal, chips, anything a guy could want. Steve and I split the bill with Robin before we made the long trek out to the creepy house by the lake. I got out of Steve's car and grabbed a bag before following Robin down to the boathouse.

"Delivery service!" Dustin announced after he had slammed open the door and startled Eddie.

"Jesus..." Eddie muttered and clutched his chest before stepping back and allowing us in.

He was quick to grab a box of Honeycomb and sat on a crate before we all crowded around him. Dustin took a seat right in front and let out a sigh before leaning forward.

"So we got uh...some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always," Eddie said and Dustin nodded.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced," Max added for emphasis and Eddie sighed.

"And the good news?" He asked and I grinned at him.

"Well...if my dad was still here then he would totally be on your side," I informed and smiled as Eddie turned to me.

"Right...Hopper before the change to Harrington. Your dad was the old chief?"

"He was."

"I'm sorry to hear he died, I always liked him," Eddie muttered and I nodded.

"Thanks." I let out a tear and Steve wrapped an arm around my shoulder as I snuggled into his side.

"The good news is that your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you," Robin explained and Eddie sighed.