24: Vecna's Curse

This chapter does not follow ep 2 religiously because Steve does not work at Family Video. Up until they find Eddie will have some major differences and an appearance by Keith.

March 23rd, 1986

I couldn't sleep the entire night and just kept turning and tossing, my mind plagued with horrible thoughts. The one recurring was Chrissy, who I met last night, getting picked up and her bones breaking and getting crushed. I had no idea why that particular memory was so damn prominent but for some reason Eddie Munson was there as well. He was in the background of almost every single Chrissy dream and it was making my head spin. Something was going on and it had to do with Chrissy, Eddie and obviously the Upside Down. I had had a weird feeling in the back of my mind since we got into town and it was only getting stronger.

I finally couldn't deal with it any longer and got up around seven before grabbing a shower. Our hotel room was about the size of a one bedroom apartment and Steve and I splurged because we were gonna stay for just over a week. I didn't want to be cramped so I picked a mid-range hotel that had at least one, one bedroom suite. The room was nice and big with a full kitchen so we didn't have to pay for meals and a balcony that overlooked the forest. Overall, a pretty good pick and I got dressed, pulling on some jeans, a tee and a baggy jacket before meandering my way into the living room. That was a big mistake and I nearly had a heart attack and woke up Steve.

"Ah! God dammit, Robin!! How the hell did you get in here?!" I exclaimed and glared at her as she smirked at me from the couch.

A crashing sound came from the bedroom before Steve ran over, hair all ruffled and messy since he practically bolted out of bed.

"I stole a key from Steve last night," Robin informed and held up the key with a grin.

"Next time...knock...please, for the good of my heart," I muttered and Steve nodded.

"Yeah and the good of my beauty sleep."

He yawned before wandering over to the couch and flopping down onto it. I rolled my eyes and took a seat, leaning against Steve's chest and turning to Robin.

"You got it. Anyways...I'm here to tell you two about last night...at the game."

"Ooo...with Vickie?" I guessed and Robin nodded.

"Yes, I made a comment about Tammy and she laughed, like a legit genuine laugh."

"Of course she laughed, I mean my Muppet joke about Tammy is hilarious," Steve added and grinned as I shook my head at him.

"Anyways...my point is that Vickie laughed and everything was just like...it was perfect."

"But?" Steve asked when Robin trailed off.

"But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous, and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my brain is moving faster than my mouth, or...or rather my mouth is moving faster than my brain?" she rambled and I struggled to keep up. "And...I'm digging a hole for myself, and I wanna stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?"

"Yeah, you are," Steve assured and I nodded.

"Just a bit...maybe a lot." Robin sighed and threw herself back and against the chair she was sitting in.

"I'm hopeless."

"At one point I was to...now look at me now," Steve pointed out and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"You'll get your head together and manage to ask out Vickie and she'll be so horribly charmed it'll be so disgustingly cute...but for the moment, you can also stop breaking into our hotel...I'd like that," I said and Robin nodded.