ᨶꫝꪖᩏᡶꫀꪹ ᠻꪮꪊꪹ

A/n: Quick spoiler, the events that have happened the past chapter will be key to the not only y/n but the Haitani brother's character development.

IT WAS CHILLY WITH THE WIND dampening the soft layer of your skin. Rather than feeling cold– only the cold became your warmth against the cruel reality of your life.

Steeling someone's heart is not much of a hassle you think it would be. Rather, it was quite easy. Just hurt them, make them suffer and you'll see great results. The greater it affects their being— the greater damage it would cause.

“y/n, it's cold out here. You'll get sick.”

Many things have changed and you couldn't stay sure whether you really wanted that change. But there was nothing more you can do. The world will always be cruel as the people will remain harsh as they are. Leaving everyone in ruins.

You weren't an exception to that part.

Tilting your head to look over your shoulder, there stood a lean male though his face remained stoic the worried shimmer in his amethyst irises gave it all away.

“I prefer the cold,” was all that you could say, snapping your eyes back to the city you've once called home but now grew to hate.

Roppongi will always be crawling with strippers, criminals and delinquents. People of the likes that do crime as a daily part of their lives.

“Aniki will be worried.” the glasses-wearing Haitani stepped beside you, watching your features that never seem to twist even the slightest.

“Ran... was always worried. But he should worry more about himself.” muttering softly, your eyebrows twitched gently feeling a warm coat wrapping around your shoulder.

“y/n, your skin is cold. Maybe you should get inside.” Rindou mumbled, worried for his sister's well-being while you never gave him any sort of reaction.

The aftermaths of that horrible past you tried to forget.

Three years have passed and still, you weren't ready to accept any affection from both your brothers. It turned you into a stone cold girl who lived as if she was a robot designed only to offer her service with no feelings attached. No matter how Rindou and Ran had reassured their sister– still she went her way to the path of ice leaving it cracking behind her for them not to follow.

Nonetheless, she was still their precious gem.

“We're fighting Max Maniac today.” Ran informed his siblings.

One was wiping his glasses clean, while the other twirled a knife in her hand looking out of it.

“y/n, you're going to stay here. We will handle this on our own.” Ran muttered earning a response from you which he always heard so often.

“When have you not?”

To say that he was accustomed to it was a bit of– a lie. You were cold and they were used to it, yes. However they couldn't be at peace knowing they won't probably seeing the old y/n soon or maybe never. It hurt to see their only beloved sister caging herself within the walls that no one can peer over.

“Okay...” a long sigh left the oldest lips as he grabbed his baton.“Let's go, Rin.”

The apartment was quiet the moment the two of the male Haitani's left and you just laid your head on the table surface staring at nothing– until you heard footsteps resonating back at the apartment.