ᨶꫝꪖᩏᡶꫀꪹ ᭢ỉ᭢ꫀ

IT'S BEEN A WEEK SINCE YOU were held as Tenjiku's prisoner. But you wouldn't want to call yourself that because surely there wasn't a prisoner who freely roamed around and did what ever they want.

To say that it was peaceful was an understatement because–

There wasn't a freaking time where the brother's stopped from pestering you. Ran and Rindou, those persistent little shits followed you around– bought all sorts of things for you and never wanted to leave your side.

Halting from your march in the hallways, you looked over your shoulder catching a glimpse of blue and blonde strands of hair behind the wall. Sighing as you shook your head, you pay it no mind and proceeded to saunter away.

“W-wait!” hearing Rindou's voice from behind you, feet stopping mid-step you looked over your shoulder furrowing your brows in question.

“What?”

“Uh...” looking away as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, Rindou looked back at you then then looked away before a sigh left his lips.

What's up with him?

“Would... would you like to take a walk with me? Izana said you need to familiarize–” asking in a soft voice, the second youngest Haitani lowered his gaze thinking that you were going to turn down his offer.

“Cut the crap and let's just go.” returning to drag your feet across the floor, you left the dumbfounded Rindou in the hallways before you heard his thumping footsteps from behind.

Walking side by side, through the corners of your eyes– you saw Rindou's smiling face. He looked happy with just the mere walk he was taking with you. Reverting your eyes back upfront, the coldness that oozed from you had made Tenjiku members refrain themselves from throwing a glance at you, holding their breaths as you walk past them.

A reaction you've been accustomed to. People really cannot control their fear and blatantly displaying it not knowing it was so obvious no matter how hard they tried to cover it up.

“Ran says he's sorry he couldn't accompany you today. Izana made him do something.” the male beside you informed earning a small nod from you.

Lips curling up in a bitter purse, Rindou felt a light tug on his heart causing for his brain to register the feeling of hurt at his own sister's apathetic behavior.

It seem as you haven't moved on yet.

Maybe because you were too hurt from the abandonment at such early age and it caged your heart in an never ending heartache and trauma. He and Ran wanted to take care of you when you all lost your mother and they did but that didn't seem to be enough. Was there any other reason you were acting in such way? Was there another serious reason for you build such high and thick walls to protect yourself?

Rindou wasn't dumb. He knew that when a person gets hurt emotionally and mentally– they experience mental trauma. And that trauma will trigger the human's defence mechanism. Either they cage and cast themselves off other people or put a wall between them and everyone else to defend their selves. And those kind of people were afraid to step out behind those walls– because they were afraid of getting hurt again.

That's why they never trust so easily and act so coldly.

“We're always here for you, y/n....” blurting without much of a thought, you ceased from walking and glanced at Rindou who gave you a small smile.

Raising a brow, you didn't bother to reply and just proceed with your little walk. Sighing, the latter just follwed behind you watching your back and how you were so different from before. The aura you exhibit weren't the same of a sixteen year old girl. It was dark and dangerous— the same with how Izana displayed his viscous ways.