21

Valentina was sitting on the bleachers working on homework when Mario came and sat next to her. He had wanted to talk to her see how she was doing.

She however was not interested in dealing with anyone who couldn't tell him about what her mother had done. "Whatever you have to say don't."

"I'm just trying to make sure that you are ok." She was still his little sister and he was worried about her.

"Make sure that I am ok." She said it as a taunt she didn't think any of them really cared how she was all they kept doing was lying to her.

"You're my little sister Valentina." He knew they had all been through somethings they had made some bad decisions but this was their little sister they all wanted the best for her. "Trust us or not that is not going to change that i want you to be ok."

"I don't know if I want to believe that." She didn't know if she could believe they just wanted the best for her after how they'd all treated her. 

Mario sighed he didn't think he would be saying this but here it was. "I am sure whatever he did he meant well."

She looked up at him she wanted to make sure he was serious right now.  "You know what they did you were the one that told me why are you suddenly on their side it was no secret that you hated them."

"I don't like seeing you like this." He could take being on Adriano's side if his sister went back to her old self.  The one she was before the lying and the blackmail.

"Excuse me." She scoffed shaking her head they had pushed her to this and now they didn't like it."What do you mean you don't like seeing me like this what is that supposed to mean"

"It means what happened to the girl that came to school the sister of Adriano Romano nothing phased her even the girls that fought her." He wanted that sister back he wanted the one that didn't care about anything and who wasn't just angry because."No matter what they said it didn't phase you. Then all of a sudden you're trying to fight a girl over something that she said and you hate the world."

She took a breath she had hated the world for awhile since things had changed. "I always hated the world since mom died it never was as good as it used to be."

"All mom did was shelter and hide you." Mario knew that was his mother but she hadn't done anything good for Valentina except put her in danger.

"Leave me alone." She grabbed her stuff getting up she didn't want to hear them talk about her if they couldn't tel her what was going on. "No one wants to tell me what she did so I really don't want to hear it because everyone refuses to tell me the truth i am tired of partial truths I want to know what actually happened."

"What do you want me to tell you?" Mario didn't know much in order to tell her anything.

"Anything," She didn't care what it was he told her as long as it was something. 

He nodded slightly he knew a couple of things he could tell her but not much. "I don't have the whole story."

"Their mom does but they don't talk to her either." She nodded she knew that much she knew there was one person alive who had the entire story of what had happened. "So all i can do is piece up the different perspectives and hope to get the full story."

"You are just a year younger than me Val." Unfortunately, he didn't have any memories of the type of woman his mother had been. "I don't remember anything from when she was here. "

She sat down next to him but even if he didn't remember maybe he still knew some things she didn't. "But were you told anything,"

Mario nodded he didn't want to be the one to tell her this but she did deserve to know what their mother was going to use her for. "I was told that she tried to use you to get rich she was going to sell you."