Chapter 5:

A/n: Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating for awhile. I will do my best to update twice today but I've been busy lately so if I can't please don't be too mad.

We were sitting at a bar in Kribirsk with food and drinks.

"So...that went well." Jepser joked.

Like hell it did.

"The Little Palace winter fete." Arken said. He slammed his glass on the counter. "There's just no way he can find a way to the Sun Summoner without Nina. Especially during this ridiculous party. The place will be crawling with Second Army."

"We're in luck. There's a good chance we can crack on." Kaz said as he took a seat next to me. He continued. "Now that we're three days travel from the capital, the next play is finding a way inside the Little Palace. It turns out the Kribirsk archives house the Little Palace blueprints. But, they're kept under lock and key. Far from the prying eyes of the masses."

Kaz smirked.

"Yes." Jesper fist bumped the air.

"What does that mean?" Arken asked.

"Time for a heist." I said excitedly.

~

"I leave you a bullet, to remember me." Jesper said to the goat as he handed him to the barmaid and placed a string with a bullet attached to it around the goat's head. "Let's promise never to forget eachother, Milo. But I must go, now. I leave you in the care of this lovely barmaid, who needs your support here.

Jesper blew Milo a kiss before turning around and walking away. I could see tears in his eyes.

~

"Alright, Royal Archives heist. Here's the game plan." Kaz explained. "Watchmen are on watch around the clock. We want to get in and out as quietly as possible. That means the hardware stays in the holster, Jesper. Inej, the dome on the roof is right above the repository where the blueprints to the Little Palace are kept. Me and Elora have another plan..."

I had no idea what this plan was.

~

Jesper took us in a carriage. He stood watch while Inej made her way to the roof and I walked into the building with my arm looped through Kaz's.

"Good day to you, sir." Kaz said politely as we walked up to the counter.

This was the first time I'd seen him smile, even if it was a fake one.

"My name is Ivanovski. The sculptor, yes. And this is my stunning wife." I smiled as Kaz put his hand on my shoulder.

I felt him put his support on me for he was not using his cane.

"Alright." The man at the desk said with obvious boredom.

"I am in desperate need of your assistance. I'm working on a real showstopper for the winter fete."

The man sighed but Kaz continued, keeping character.

"I need the dimensions to the Little Palace entrances. The grand piece may be too grand to fit through the doorframe. The king will have my head if his statuary must be parked in the courtyard."

"Damned fete." The man mumbled. "I have to pull the blueprints every day. Wait here."

"With bated breath." Kaz said cheerfully.