Chapter 7

A/n: I forgot that there is zero scenes for the Crows in episode seven, so episode eight and seven will both be in this chapter.

When we entered Ravka all I saw was how dark it was. The Darkling must have expanded the Fold because it was moving across Ravka at an alarming pace. Volcra we're flying around and every now and then we would see one dive for another poor victim.

We could see Alina fighting off Volcra in the distance. Tolya directed us towards her direction.

Just as we approached her and Mal I saw a Volcra grab Alina. I instinctively jumped off the ship and killed the Volcra with the Neshyenyer.

As I sliced through the Volcra it erupted in fire.

"Elora, is that really you?" Alina asked.

"The one and only." I smirked as I pulled down my mask.

"I can't believe you're hear risking your life for me again."

"I risk my life all the time, this is nothing new. Plus, someone had to find this." I held up the Neshyenyer before sheathing it.

I held it out for Alina to take as we stole it for her.

She stopped me. "No one can wield it like you."

"Yes, yes. Happy reunion. Can we get on with it?" Zoya called from the ship.

"Zoya, thank you." Alina responded. "If you'd been a moment later, we-"

"Oh, hello." Nina said as her head popped up over the railing.

"You know I'm not one to resist dramatic timing." Zoya continued, completely ignoring Nina.

"I remember you." Nina said, clearly not having any of it. "You we're on the ship to Ketterdam. Nina Zenik. Heartrender. Big fan."

"We need to get further into the Fold it destroy it." Alina stated.

"Hop on then." Zoya said impatiently.

When we got back on the ship I didn't see any sign of Inej, Kaz, Jesper, or Wylan. I assumed they'd gone off to help fight, or to find this Prince of Ravka.

——

We could hear Volcra growling in the distance as we walked to the middle of the Fold, safe inside Alina's force field of light.

"This is it. The heart of the Fold." Alina exclaimed. "Where Kirigan First damned this country into darkness. This is where we stand a chance of bringing it down."

Mal stepped toward Alina and started to pull out his sword.

"No." Alina stopped him.

On the way here Alina and Mal had explained how Mal was the Firebird and the last amplifier Alina needed to destroy the Fold once and for all.

I recalled the last time I was in the Fold. On the train with Kaz, Jesper, Inej and Arken. We scared out of our senses.

I was excited to see the Fold destroyed, especially with front row seats.

Alina rolled up her sleeve to reveal her wrist. She hen took Mal's hand and out it around her wrist. As soon as his hand made contact with her wrist where they were connected started to glow a bright, vivid red. And when Alina touched her hand to Mal's chest her whole body started to glow with the same colour.

"It's beautiful." Zoya exclaimed grabbing both mine and Nina's hands.

"How touching." A deep voice said.

Who I assumed, from Alina's horrified look, was the Darkling, or Kirigan, or whoever had suddenly appeared inside our safe little force field.

Alina stepped away from Mal and prepared to use her powers against him.