Chapter 5

A/n: Finally got this chapter out. Sorry to make you wait so long.

I woke up to sunlight streaming in through the window and Kaz buttoning up his shirt.

"Good morning." I yawned and stretched before getting out of bed.

"Go get changed into some clean clothes and wake Jesper and Wylan." There was a pause. "Please."

I smiled and walked over to my room where I put on fresh clothes-I was still in mine from yesterday.

Once I was dressed I walked down the hall to the room Jes and Wylan were staying in.

I knocked on the door.

"No!" Jesper groaned from inside.

"Stop having sex in my bed and come downstairs." I said half sarcastically, half...well, you know.

I headed downstairs to the kitchen where I saw Kaz, as well as two strangers sitting at the kitchen table.

"Who is this?" I asked directed more at Kaz.

"Zoya Nazyalensky and Tolya Yul-Bataar. They were sent by Prince Nikolai to employ us."

"Employ us for what?" Nina asked as she entered the kitchen with Inej.

"What's going on?" Jes inquired as he walked into the kitchen followed by a sleepy Wylan.

"This is Zoya Nazyalensky and Tolya Yul-Bataar." I said, motioning to the two strangers sitting across the table from me. "And they were sent to employ us by the prince of Ravka."

"He wants us to retrieve the Neshyenyer." Kaz added.

"The Neshyenyer? Sankta Neyar's blade?" Nina said skeptically.

"So, you haven't completely forgotten what you were taught at the Little Palace. Just your loyalty to Ravka." Zoya said condescendingly.

"Ravka, or Kirigan?" Nina asked. "It didn't take him destroying a city for me to question my loyalty."

"So, now that we all know that you two have history, what's the payment for this job?" Jes interrupted, stopping any arguments from starting.

"Name your price." Tolya replied.

"Is that the Lantsov crest?" Wylan asked.

"You know it is because it's hideous." Nina answered before anyone even had a chance to open their mouth.

"Let's maybe try not to start any fights in my kitchen, thanks." I said.

"Prince Nikolai requests your services to retrieve and deliver the Neshyenyer to Alina Starkov in East Ravka." Tolya explained, ignoring all the side conversations going on.

"She's returned?" Nina inquired.

"As has the Darkling." Zoya responded. "With an indestructible army of shadow monsters."

"I do not like the sound of that." Jesper put in.

"She needs the blade to kill them. It's the only thing that might work." Zoya continued.

"Retrieve the blade and the Prince will pay what you ask." Tolya added.

"But I like the sound of that." Jesper out in once more.

To be honest I was bored and this sounded like a fairly breezy, quick task.

"I assume same does for you?" Zoya asked Kaz.

"I'd welcome the chance to help your prince spend his country's money." He answered.

"I don't need Kruge." Nina interrupted. "I need to get someone out of Hellgate. Lantsovs must be able to pull strings with Kerch government."