Little Bonus Part to Chapter 3

A/n: I forgot to add some stuff to Chapter 3, so here's a bonus chapter for you.

As soon as we'd exited the Slat Kaz moved his hand from my arm to my hand.

Usually, he didn't do anything like this at all, so I was a little surprised, but I didn't mind, so I didn't say anything.

"How'd you find out I was coming to the Slat?" He asked me.

"Inej told me. Please don't get mad at her though." I answered.

"I won't. I would like to know why you came though."

"I was worried about you and didn't want you to get yourself into something you couldn't get yourself out of."

"You don't have faith in me that I can take care of myself?" He said it in such a way that didn't sound mad, but the words themself sounded almost angry.

"I do, but I get worried and then I overthink and then I blame myself if something happens to you."

"Lora, never blame yourself for my choices. I know you worry, but I don't always want you coming along because I don't want you to get hurt."

"Kaz, what's with this? You've been acting not like yourself lately."

He paused before answering me. "I feel bad about messing up with you since we got back and wanted to make it up to you."

"Really? I appreciate the thought, but you don't have to. You've already done enough."

"Really. I want to. I actually kind of enjoy this. It's weird to me to."

I smiled.

I probably said this before, but I like seeing humanity in Kaz. He doesn't always make it so obvious, so I like seeing it when it is obvious.

A/n: That's all for now. Next chapter should be out in the next few days, but I can't guarantee anything. Especially, if I'm going to try to make it longer.