Chapter 6

A/n: Felt bad making you all wait when my phone has been blowing up with notifications from @Kenobiwife.

"Ohval's not just a fence. She's the Disciple." Kaz explained.

Ohval is the name of the tea lady.

"What...What tipped you off?" Wylan asked.

"Her teacup. When she set it down, she did so without making a sound." Kaz answered.

"And her heartrate never fluctuated once. It held at one beat a second like a clock." Nina added.

"The way she held herself and spoke, as well as the look on her face when you asked about the Neshyenyer, you could tell she wasn't your typical tea lady." I said.

"So, she can control her heartrate and her emotions." Tolya started.

"Those are useful skills for a thief." Wylan interrupted.

"This is where you tell us where the blade is." Jes spoke up.

"Ohavl has it. Her signal to the waitress to spill tea on me told me as much." Kaz answered. "And if she's not going to sell it to us, we'll just have to take it."

I laid my head on the table.

"After a nap, I'm so tired." I complained.

I didn't often sleep well because almost every little sound woke me, but I did try to get a few hours in here and there.

"After Nina and I ordered the tea, I had Inej sent after the tea shop employee who was sent to notify Ohval." Kaz continued, ignoring my complaints.

"She lives just outside the city. When she stopped at the tea shop, she placed an order at the apothecary that she'll be picking up tonight." Inej told us. "I watched her at home for a while, no one came, or went except her."

"While she's out of the house, Nina will tail her to make sure she stays out of the house. The rest of us will go in and grab the blade." Kaz instructed.

"You don't seriously expect me to break into this woman's house." Zoya scoffed.

"Why do you think we're here?" Me and Jes said at the same time.

"I'm a soldier, not a thief." She responded. "Why else would I need you criminals?"

"Then you shouldn't have come." I told her with a glare.

"There's much less of a difference there than you think." Tolya added.

"Thank you! See? He understands." I said.

"You just keep eating your walnuts." Zoya replied.

I rolled my eyes. I was too tired for her bitchy attitude.

"I'll go with Nina." She stated.

"Are you sure you don't need me?" Nina asked. "I mean, Zoya can tail Ohval."

"Nina and Zoya will wait for Ohval at the apothecary. Follow her. If she starts heading home, buy us any time. Distract her."

——

Now reenergized and fully rested, I practically skipped next to the others as we made our way to Ohval's home.

"This house is traditional." Tolya spoke. "It has a specific layout. We enter through the front courtyard, antechamber, middle courtyard, main chamber."

"We sweep the entirety." Kaz instructed.

Kaz began to pick the lock on the door. Wylan stood next to him and inspected the door.