➤ 𖥻 13ᵕ̈ ⨾ 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙡𝙩 ❞

GUILT

GUILT.

My head's spinning. I couldn't sleep last night. After what happened yesterday, I don't think that any of us got the best sleep.

Yet again, Devin is awake before me. While he's still in the bathroom, I race to the guest bedroom to check if everything is actually real.

To my relief, he's there, on the bed, with his arms wrapped around his girlfriend. I sigh, and smile to myself, thankful that it wasn't just a dream.

"Y/n?" His groggy voice questions me, as he rubs his eyes to get a better look at me. My best friend isn't a cute little boy anymore. He's a full grow man now.

"Sorry, I just, I—"

"I know, I did the same thing, with Raven, my first night back. I'm actually here, don't worry." He tells me. I smile and mouth that I love him.

He carefully sits up and motions for me to go over to him, which I do, and he gives me a hug. "By the way, you look just as beautiful without makeup." He whispers.

I'll never get tired of these warm hugs. One month isn't enough to make up for all the lost time, but I'll do my best.

By the time I hop out of the shower, everyone is all set to go. Of course it's me who's the straggler—I really can't ever keep up with anyone, to be honest.

Izuku kisses Raven goodbye, and we head to the car. Devin gets in the driver's seat, while me and the freckled man slide into the back.

"Are you sure I can go with you in your classes? I'm fine with waiting somewhere else." He says.

"Izaiah, you're my best friend, and I haven't seen you in years! Of course it's fine! Plus, my college isn't strict or anything. It's not like attendence is taken in my classes full of hundreds of people."

We smile at each other and I take my phone out so that we can snap a couple of pictures together, like old times.

Wait—speaking of old times—I scroll through my cameraroll, looking for old pictures, that I had transferred, onto this newer phone.

There are some that I thought looked like something, or someone was missing, but I kept them because of how happy I looked.

When I find them, these pictures, the ones previously of myself—they aren't just of me anymore—he's in them, Izuku is.

We look through the pictures, remenicing the past, and laugh at how silly we look in some of them. There's a video that I somehow remember, once it starts playing.

It's a video of us arm wrestling, yes, that moment when he became my best friend.

"Are you sure Raven said she's okay being by herself for a few hours?"

"She's fine. She wants me here with you, to catch up, and spend time together. She knows how much you mean to me, and that's why I love her, because she doesn't get jealous when I'm with you."