XIV. New Friends and a Marriage?

I woke up with a raging headache and a hangover from hell. Not to mention my mouth tasted like a sandpaper. I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room. A quick scan of my surrounding confirmed my suspision. I don't remember having a hello kitty alarm clock on my night stand.

Bumalikwas ako ng bangon ng mapagtantong wala nga ako sa sarili kong kwarto. I groaned when my head started to throb even harder because of my sudden movement. Nakisabay pa ang tiyan ko, and I think I'm about to throw up. I ran towards the door to the left, praying it's the bathroom. I went straight to the sink then threw up. Puro tubig lang ang lumalabas, pero ang sakit ng sikmura ko pagtapos.

I was rinsing my mouth when I heard someone behind me. Looking up at the mirror, I saw Kelsey's smiling face in the reflection.

"Good morning. I think you're ready for another tequila night." Masiglang bati nito habang may nakakalokong ngiti sa labi.

I stood up straight then turn around to face her, leaning on the sink behind me. While wiping my lips with the back of my hand, pinasadahan ko siya ng tingin mula ulo hanggang paa, making her squirm under my gaze. She's wearing a gray yoga pants, paired with a white crop top shirt, showing her toned stomach. Her feet were clad in a fluffy pink hello kitty slippers.

"H-how are you feeling?" She asked. Conciously crossing her arms over her exposed tummy. I looked at her and notice her cheeks were slightly flushed. I smirked.

"Shit. I felt like shit. My fuckin' head's throbbing, my mouth's drier than the Sahara, and my tummy's felt like my intestines are doing a somersault right now." Natawa naman ito sa sinabi ko.

"Go and take a shower. It will make you feel better. I'll go find some clothes that'll fit you. There's a spare toothbrush inside the cabinet below the sink." Sabi nito bago nagmamadaling lumabas na ng banyo.

Nagsipilyo na muna ako bago nagshower. I was removing my clothes when I noticed it wasn't the same dress I was wearing yesterday. It was a pair of  a black and white hello kitty pajamas.

As I stood under the cold shower, events from last night came crushing back. Making me bit my lip with the sudden agony that washed over me.

God, it hurts. It hurts so much more now that I'm sober. I did not stop the tears when they started falling, wishing instead, that the water from the shower will wash all my tears and pain away.

I must've been standing there for a while when I heard soft knocks on the door kaya naman minadali ko na ang maligo. Paglabas ko ay may towel na at damit na neatly folded sa ibabaw ng sink. Pagtapos magpunas ay agad na akong nagbihis.

I had to roll my eyes when I saw the print of the pink oversized shirt. Damn this woman and her obvious affinity to this cat. It was paired with white denim shorts, and then there's also a new pair of underwear.

I checked myself in the mirror before going out. My eyes were bloodshot, and my nose were red. I looked like shit, and it perfectly matches what I felt inside. Taking a deep breath, I walked out of the bathroom and search for Kelsey.

I found here in the kitchen, blending some concoction.

"Hey, feel better?" Tanong niya habang sinasalin 'yong smoothie sa glass.

"Barely." I answered, just watching her gracefully move around. I guess this must be her place.

"Then take a seat and drink this. I won't guarantee that it will make your pain go away, but it will help with the hangover."  Nakangiting sabi nito sabay abot ng smoothie.

"Thanks, Kelsey." And I meant it, not just for the smoothie.

I took a sip expecting it to taste like shit but, surprisingly, it actually tasted good.