freedom

Gabi

"Morning,"

"Calum, I still don't wanna see you," I mumbled.

"I'm just trying to get you out of here," he said, washing his hands in the sink, "I've seen your room at Sierra's, it's very nice,"

"I'm not leaving until I go home to dad's,"

"We kinda need the room,"

"I lied. I'm not mad at you,"

He smirked and shook his head, putting on gloves, "I know,"

"Nevermind,"

"I'm prescribing you fun. You need to go home and have some fun,"

"How?"

"Invite your friends over, play games, watch movies, bake,"

"I can't bake. I have watched every movie. My friends are too noisy,"

"You're in one of those moods huh?"

"What moods?"

"You're so fed up that you're just going to diss any advice I give. I get it,"

He checked my vitals, then took my weight and height and found me some new clothes. I grabbed a towel and went to shower, then changed and let him put new dressing on. It was healing a lot better, thankfully, and it wasn't too sore anymore.

"I feel a bit better now I have changed,"

"Good. Drink up,"

"Why?"

"I wanna do an ultrasound,"

I sighed and snatched the cup, then slammed it back down when it was empty.

"Gabi... come on now,"

"Sorry,"

"Let's go, your dad is still sorting out your room. He insists it's perfect,"

I followed him down to the room and laid down, then he whistled as he started to set up all the machines. I felt bad because I knew I had been mean t0 him- to everyone really- but at least I was going home.

"Just some cold,"

"You have to be careful,"

"I know. I will be. So how is Maddox?"

"Good, I think. I don't know if I upset her the other day... I love her a lot though. She makes me happy,"

"She seems to treat you well,"

"I always feel like a shitty girlfriend though, you know? She's always the one there for me,"

"You might need someone there for you more than she needs someone there for her,"

"Everyone always needs someone there for them,"

"I know, but I mean you have been in hospital, and sick, and struggling with school,"-

"But she is experiencing that too by watching it all happen, and I am not there for her,"

"You're not there for her when she's watching you sick in a hospital bed?" he asked, "I am sure Maja is there for her, and all your other friends,"

"I don't know why I'm asking you for advice anyway,"

"Hey! I have my eye on someone,"

"Orla?"

"Maybe,"

"She's pretty. And nice,"

"She is... and she did a very good job at your surgery. You're all good to go,"