another card

Dear Gabi

First of all, and most of all, I want you to know I am so, so proud of you. I feel so lucky to experience this lifetime with you, and to see things from your perspective; the soul you carry is very beautiful.

Second of all, I want to give you a big well done for getting into med school. It's only the first step on a long, windy path, but it's a big step for sure! This won't be easy, but you can always come to me for help, whether that be school work or my bank account.

Admittedly, I have been very pushy about med school in the past, and I am sorry if I ever made you feel under pressure. You do what makes you happy, and I will be happy. But I couldn't help getting excited because as you know, ever since you were a baby, I feel we have had a connection over this kinda thing.

You know I love to get soppy, but I know you hate it, so I won't get into this all too much. I want you to have my stethoscope because you have always inspired me. Watching you persevere through so much, especially the recent events which were a repeat of the past, had taught me a lot. You have opened my eyes, and my heart, and given me a reason to keep going. Sometimes I feel you do not realise how amazing you are, Gabriella, and I want you to have this stethoscope to both inspire you, and remind you that I think you are capable of great things.

I feel so blessed to be part of your life, and I am extremely excited to see where you go. Wherever that is, I will support you, and always be your number 2 fan (because your dad would beat my ass if I claimed to be number 1).

Your uncles and I love you so much, and will always do our very best to make you happy- I really think you could change the world, Gabi.

Love, Ash x