Brother's friend

READER's POV

Your parents just had a massive fight and you are crying silently in your room. You hate when they fight. Your brother comes into your room and tries to comfort you. He also has a friend over which was embarrassing because of your parents. 

His friend leans on your doorframe waiting for your brother to come back out, I assume. Once your brother makes sure you're okey and leaves the room with his friend you are left alone in your room. 

Once you have settled down a bit and curled up to go to sleep you hear a soft knock on the door. "Uhm, come in." Who could that possibly be? Probably just your mother making up excuses for her behavior. 

"Hey...may I come in?" A deep voice fills the room. You turn around facing your door. Is that your brother's friend?

"Um hey, Derek right?" You ask him.

"Yeah, hey Meredith." 

You look at him confused. "How can I help you?"

He looks at you shyly. 'I told your brother I needed a glass of water...but I really just wanted to ask if you were okey?" 

You are a bit take back by this. Derek is known to be the schools player. Why would he care if you were okey? You look down fiddling with your blankets. He comes to sit down next to you. 

"Meredith?"

You start to tear up, discreetly trying to wipe the tears away. He notices this as well as your tear stained cheeks and lifts your chin up. "You're going to be okey love, promise." He says as he starts to tear up as well.

Why was he tearing up? You give up on questioning for now and lean into his touch. He's so warm...you think to yourself. He holds you until you fall asleep then kisses the top of your head and makes his way to the door. He looks back once more to see you soundly asleep. 

"I've always loved you Mer, It'll get better I promise." He sighs quietly and then walks back to your brothers bedroom. 

*Pt. 2?*