Brother's friend 3

DEREK SHEPHERD

I am currently in an argument with my ex girlfriend that cannot take the hint that I do not date anymore. Well... except Meredith. I want to date her but she's different... she's so kind and pretty and that ass... yeah uhm...

I had to tell my ex that Meredith was a dare so she would leave me alone about harassing Meredith. I don't want her to get mixed up with girls being rude to her because I like her. And I do, I do like her. Maybe even love her, I don't know yet. I plan to tell her how I feel this afternoon. I am really nervous about her reaction. I hope all goes well. 

I'm walking to Meredith's house right now and my hands are all sweaty. Damn I've never felt like this before. I shouldn't feel like this, bit I can't help my feelings even tho I thought I had none left. 

I arrive to her house and knock on her door a bit too loud, caused by my excitement. She opens the door with a tear stained face. I hope she's okey. She interrupts my thoughts before I can ask her. 

"What do you need Derek?" she asks me. 

"I missed you" I say. I did miss her all the time. She starts crying again. 

"You missed your silly little dare?" Oh no... My face drops. 

"Yeah okey, fuck off Derek" she slams the door in my face, I drop to my knees. 

Shit! I've ruined everything. She wasn't supposed to hear that. I shouldn't even have said it. And this is why I don't lie. She will never believe me...

-----------------------------------------------------

I must've fallen asleep on her porch because it is now dark and raining outside. It's so cold. I wrap my arms around myself, wishing they were hers, and keep myself warm slowly drifting off again. I am awoken once again but this time by falling backwards inside Meredith's house. 

"What are you still doing here? go home!" she says. 

My heart aches. And so does my head now. "I'm not leaving you." 

She looks away with a pained expression. "Are you cold?" she asks me. 

Freezing, I think to myself but I tell her I'm okey. 

"Just come in and sleep on the couch. But you're leaving first thing in the morning."

"Sure, thank you" I smile and walk in to crash on the couch. 

----------------------------------------------------

I can't sleep. Not here knowing she's upstairs by herself probably crying again. I feel terrible. As if reading my mind she walks down the stairs with her head down and walks towards the couch. She looks at me and holds out her hand. I take it not knowing what she wants me to do but I'd do anything for her. 

I don't dare to speak a word in case I ruin this. She walks me up to her room and lays on her bed. "Just for tonight Derek. I can't sleep and you make me feel safe... even when I don't want you to." 

Her words hurt but I am thankful for any moment with her. "Are y-you sure?" I ask her. Great, I'm stuttering now?!

She nods silently and I lay down beside her. She turns around her back facing my front. I slowly and cautiously wrap my arms around her, engulfing her into a cuddling position. This is nice, I wish it could be like this forever. 

"I love you" I whisper as soon as I know for sure she's asleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

MEREDITH GREY

I wake up, slowly looking at my surroundings. Arms? Big arms... not mine. Hairy legs also not mine and... definitely not mine!

I turn around slowly coming face to face with Derek. I remember I had asked him to come sleep with me. I was feeling so lonely and pathetic to be honest. I needed to be calm and he makes me feel safe.

His eyes start to flutter open and a small smile is placed among his lips. "Hi" he starts quietly. "Were you staring at me?"

I look away trying not to smile. I can't smile... not yet anyway.

I look at him and his nose scrunches. He keeps scrunching his face up. Stop that's so cute. His smile fades into a sad one. We lay down in each other's arms not wanting to face reality. I need to break the bubble.

"Derek?" His eyes start to water.

"I'm sorry Meredith"

Now I'm crying. "Could you at least explain to me why? Why did you do it?"

He takes a deep breath and, still holding me in his arms. "I lied"

"Huh?" I say confused. "What do you mean, you lied?"

"You weren't a dare Meredith."

"How am I supposed to believe you?"

"God, Mer" He breathes. "Can't you see I am crazy in love with you? I would do anything for you!" He says.

"Then why would you lie?!" I say as my eyes well up.

"To protect you from the craziness, baby. I know you hate popularity plus everyone would talk about it. I din't want to make you uncomfortable." He whispers.

I smile" You love me?"

He laughs. "Geez Mer. Yes! You make me crazy. I love you. I always have and always will." he says.

I look at him and a single tear escapes.