CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN. OPERATION HELP SIMON

"I'M NOT UPSET, I'M PISSED!"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

Please read the author's note at the end. DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE! If you do, even as a joke, I will block you.

Clary had gotten to Simon's apartment before Wren had. By the time she had gotten there, Luke was waiting outside of the building.

"Luke!" Wren called. He turned to face her and she charged at him. He opened his arms as if expecting her to hug him and was surprised when she shoved him backward instead.

"He called you! He called you and you didn't pick up! Just like Clary! Neither of you picked up! You could've helped him!" She yelled, shoving him again. Wren wasn't a violent person, she really wasn't. But she was so angry that she couldn't help but shove him.

Luke pulled her closer to the building and she yanked her arm away.

"Wren, I know you're upset—"

"I'm not upset, I'm pissed! This never should have happened. Did you know she was going to do this?" She interrupted.

Luke sighed and looked down before nodding. She shoved him again. "Why didn't you call me?"

"Clary asked me not to," he answered.

"So, just like everyone else, you just do whatever Clary tells you to," she scoffed.

"That's not fair," he defended.

"You know what's not fair, Luke? Simon being a vampire," she seethed.

"Keep your voice down," Luke hissed.

"Oh no, are you afraid someone's gonna hear me talk about vampires and werewolves and Shadowhunters? To be honest Luke, I don't give a damn who hears me!"

Luke had never seen her like this. Wren was always shy, calm, quiet, and reasonable. She hardly ever raised her voice and she hardly ever got angry. Luke knew that he messed up but seeing Wren's reaction really made it hit home.

He sighed and nodded his head. "You're right."

Wren scoffed again, crossing her arms over her chest. She took a deep breath to try to calm herself down. It didn't really work.

The door to the building opened suddenly and Clary was walking out with Simon. The two girls locked eyes briefly before Wren was looking at Simon. He was avoiding her eye and her face fell. She took a timid step toward him, then two more, and more until she was standing in front of him.