CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN. THE CITY OF BONES

"FOR ALL WE KNOW, THEY COULD BE LEADING US INTO A TRAP."

⟡⟡⟡⟡

⟡⟡⟡⟡

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

The group walked down various back alleys in their search for Dot. Wren walked closely beside Alec who would scowl down at her every time her arm would brush his. "Do you mundanes not know the concept of personal space?" He questioned, moving away from her. She didn't respond and pulled her jacket tighter around herself.

Clary was in the lead, walking briskly, determination evident in each stride. She touched her necklace again and stopped walking. A gasp left her lips. "Dot," the redhead whispered before screaming the woman's name and running forward. The group followed after her. "Clary!" Jace called out to her. "Clary, stop! Where are you going?"

The blond boy was the fastest of the group, effortlessly catching up to Clary and halting her movements. "Two men, Circle members the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" She frantically explained before taking off again.

The redhead ran into the club Pandemonium. The very club where this entire mess began. Wren slowed down to a stop and stared up at the club's sign. Its red lights flickered strangely; the letters 'P-A-N and I-U-M' went dark and the letters 'D-E-M-O-N' shone its red glow. Demon. Typical. "Wren, come on!" Simon called back to her.

The blonde nodded and quickly entered the club. Simon was instantly back at Clary's side by the time Wren caught up with the group. She rolled her eyes at him. How could Clary not realize?

"No. She was just trying to help me," Clary was saying. She touched the necklace again. "Now, she's gone," she concluded. Wren frowned, her sad eyes on Clary's form. "Clary, I'm sorry," Simon said, resting a hand on her shoulder. Clary looked at the others, "You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister."

"It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now," Alec informed. "So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?" Clary replied back. "There is another option," Jace said. This peaked Wren's interest.

"Don't even."

"Absolutely not."

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers," the blond said. "Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary questioned. "They're Shadowhunters with superior powers," Jace answered. "Who possess the ability to recover memories," Isabelle continued. "A process that can also kill you, so there's that," Alec added. "Your bedside manner is abysmal," Simon told him. Both Wren and Alec rolled their eyes.