Introduction

My life was never perfect before the waves. That's one thing I miss about my past. I miss many things but I miss how imperfect my perfect life was.

It always seemed perfect. My parents were two successful adults who seemed to love each other. My mom was an accountant, Manager of her office. My father owned a car dealership.

My sister, Elise, was only a freshman and she was already top of her class- with a 4.2 GPA. Emily, our baby sister, was only three.

My brother, Marcus, already graduated with an honors diploma, had moved out of the house and got a job as manager of one of the most important restaurants in the city.

As for me, I was junior Rep, captain of the Girls Varsity Basketball team. Like I said 'perfect family'. We weren't.

My father was an alcoholic and an Ass hole. Barely had time for any of us. Except for me, I was always daddy's little girl. But even then he barely had time.

My mother at one point got tired of the alcoholism that consumed my father. With all the flowers that had been sent home and the amount of time she was away from home. It wasn't to hard to put two and two together.

My brother was gay. My sister and father hated him for that and they haven't spoken since he moved out.

Me, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

~

The Waves came quickly. My mother died in the first wave. Emily was in the back seat of the car when a Semi hit them. The impact of the Semi caused them to roll over. The cops told us that mom died almost instantly, but my sister died just before they could pull her out of the car.

When I head those words, my heart stopped. Of all things she didn't deserve to die the was she did. The thought of her dying slowly brought me to my knees and weakened my body.

My father then died during the second wave. We all decided to head towards his dealership since there was more civilizations. We thought it would be easier to find food, and hopefully more people.

We didn't even hear the water, until it was at our heels, about a mile behind us. We were swept into the water, there was no warning, I felt someone reach for me. Grasping for a chance of survival, but before I could do anything, something flung into the water, pulling them father into the water.

I didn't realize it was my father till I reached the surface and found my sister clinging to a tree with her dear life. I blamed myself for it, I always thought, what if I stood where he stood instead, or what I had pulled him away sooner, or even looked back.

We still never knew what happened to my brother, but I hoped he didn't suffer, and I hoped he was still out there, looking for us. My sister and I hoped that

Elise was the only one left. I clung to her, so lived her so much I couldn't stand loosing her. Both of us survived the Plague that wiped 97% of the population. Still, I didn't know how we survived that long.

6/27/22