Chapter 20 | Bloody Nose

I miss hot showers. Not just the quick hot showers that help you relax, no. The hot steamy, sting to the touch showers. The ones that leave the bathroom mirrors foggy and dripping with water.

    I can't remember the last time I took a hot shower. Or in other words, I can't remember how good it felt.

    Instead, I'm stuck with the 'sting to the touch' cold water showers, that leaves you shivering all night long because it was that cold. I know this because, that is my current state. I'm laying in bad, in my blanket, still shivering from the cold shower I took.

    I tired not to think about it but the little kid, nugget, was whimpering and crying just a few beds away. I never wanted to choke someone more then I do right now. I already can't sleep but the crying kid is making it so hard.

    Nuggets soft crying made me remember how I sobbed the day Elise died. Maybe there was something I could've done differently with Elise. I don't think I deserved to live, Elise had a lot more potential than me. She could've survived this longer than i ever could've, she was stronger, braver, faster, smarter.

    But here I was, alone, in a foreign bed with foreign people. I'm not even sure why we were brought to this unit. What where we supposed to do, we were just kids, some of us no older than five.

What did they want from us? To scare the aliens away with ban cuteness? No thank you.

~

I was beginning to think I should've never have come here. The only reason I came was because I thought it was a safe haven, but where the fuck are all the parents?

Today was a combat day, Reznik had us line up and he picked a couple of people at random to fight. First it was Tank and Oompa. Oompa won and sent Tank down to the hospital wing for minor injuries I hope.

Now it was my turn. I stood, waiting for Reznik to choose who it was he wanted me to fight with. I felt so stupid standing on the mats like an idiot.

Reznik looked at Flintstones direction, then at Zombie, then back at Flintstone.

"Zombie, on the mat." Reznik yelled. It hurt my eyes to hear him yell. But I was in deep shit. My leg still wasn't as healed as it should be, but I beat three trained soldiers in a matter of minutes, this should be easy. I get ready, standing in fighting position, as did he.

"Begin." He yelled. I circled around him, waiting for him to strike first so I could look for the week spots.
"Stop dancing you sissys."

That was it. He was gonna wait for me and I didn't have the patience. I threw my left fist at him, he threw his left arm at me to protect himself and I kicked my right leg up to hit him in the stomach. I winced a little from the pain building up in my leg.

The blow was hard, he groaned as he stepped back. He stood back up quickly and commenced with attempting to strike me in the stomach by throwing his feet under me. I quickly stepped forward and launched my fist into his abdomen. Before I could strike him, he grabs my arm and twists it, kicked my to the floor. I landed with a loud thump and felt him hold my arm behind my back and pinning me down.

I used all the force in my legs to kick up but he wouldn't budge. I flipped over onto my back and he pinned my arms underneath him. I wiggled and struggled to get out.

"Stand," Reznik yelled. Both of us stood and waited for more orders. "Again."

He was heavier, faster, and stronger then I thought. This was it. I had to get him now. I slipped passed him, throwing a solid fist at his face for a distraction but he was to fast and dodged the punch.

I was beginning to get irritated. I threw my leg up to kick him in the groin but he caught my foot and tried to throw me down. I picked up my other foot, jumping in the processes and kicking him straight in the face and landing on my stomach. I scrambled to my feet, and took this opportunity to knee him in the face. He fell, but stood up again. A little faster then I expected but then I was unmatched by his fast reflexes that I didn't see him land a straight punch to my nose.

Everything went blurry and I couldn't see for what felt like forever. Once I regained my vision, I felt blood begin to trickle down my nose and I began to taste the salty metallic. He threw another punch but I grabbed it and spun him around so his back was to my front. I wrapped myself arm around his neck and jumped onto him back to use my full strength to choke him. His face began to turn purple, I thought he was going to tap out but he didn't. Instead he leaned back, throwing us both ro the ground.

The air was knocked out of my lounges as soon as he pinned me to the ground. My arms loosened their grip and he knelt over me and began to throw punches at me.

I tried to block them but they kept coming. This wasn't going to end until Reznik told him to. I fought and fought to get out from under him but it couldn't.

I began to see red. I wasn't sure if it was anger or blood, but I was angry. I let myself get beat. I could've don't more to fight him, but I didn't.

"Alright, that's it. Your done." He said. "Take her to the hospital wing. Let's hope she can still see after this"

____________________

Sorry if this chapter is bad guys. It's the middle of the night but I really wanted to update for you guys. Im really sorry about the delay, but I will try to post at least once a month. Please, don't forget to vote!