Chapter 10 | What Would She Say

This whole situation was beginning to make my head hurt and stomach churn. I was hungry and tired.

A soldier began to approach. His face was pale but his face was soft. He didn't look rude or annoyed- like the colonel.

He pulls his arm out towards me, I shake his hand "I'm Parker."

He smiled kindly at me. For the first time in a while, a smile from a stranger felt warm in the inside.

"A- Angelina." I hesitate, taking his hand into mine and firmly shaking it. His hands were rough and thin.

"What happened?" He pointed towards my leg. I forgot I was still covered in blood.

"Um... I was shot." I whispered. His eyes widen a little. He smiled back and walks towards me slowly.

"Wow." He breathed out. Beginning to walk towards the bus. I don't follow him. I contemplate it. Why would I follow a bunch of strangers into a bus that leads to nowhere I know.

    "You coming?" He stops in front of me and swings his body towards me. Why should I go. There's no reason for me to go.

    "Why?" I whisper. My fists clench and my body tensed. Just because they wear the uniform of the US army, shouldn't be I had to trust them.

   "Oh, I never explain, my apologies." He started. "We look for survivors, we prioritize and take the children first. They're crucial to the future."

    He nods, reaching his hand out for me and giving me a hopeful look. For some reason I'm drawn to it, his hopeful smile, and hopeful eyes. So I take his hand and he leads me to the bus.

    "You're limping." It's more of a statement than a question. I nod and he throws his arm under mine and around my waist to help me walk to the bus.

    "I'll carry you up if you want." I shake my head. I don't really want to talk but with Parker, it seemed like all he wanted to do was talk.

    When I reached the bus, I dragged myself up the steps and down the narrow bus full of seats all of the ones in the back were completely empty. I reach one somewhere in the middle and sat down. I wasn't at all comfortable with these people, except maybe Peter, but these people don't faze me.

I look out the window and I begin to notice how dark that forest has become in the matter of 20 minutes. I think about what Elise would say. She'd tell me that 'everything would be okay, as long as we were together' but that doesn't apply now. I was alone. My eyes feel droopy. I wonder why if I had an amazing sleep just hours earlier. Maybe all the emotions and pain where just getting to me.

Just then the bus begins to move, shifting and rumbling before it assessed forward. The shaking of the bus began to soothe me, then I feel myself drift off. Away from this.

____________________

Im sorry this was sort.  guys. But the next one will be good I promise.