Chapter 6 | For You

The echo of her screaming filled the air. I looked over at the other man who had attacked her, he was fazed and was beginning to sit up.

I looked back over at the scene before me and watched as Elise repeatedly punched the man in the face. I didn't know what to do, I tried to stand but my leg felt weak.

I was beginning to stand when the sound of a gun went off, a pop filled the air. It happened all to fast, but I knew the gun was aimed at Elise.

The rest happened in slow motion.

I looked up to her and she looks at me. She knew, her face said everything, she was going to die. And we both knew it was to late for either of us to do anything about it.

Her head jerked back and threw her right off of the man she attacked to save me. Blood splattered out of her head, landing on my face and all around me.

I was shocked, I couldn't move, my muscles didn't comprehend with my mind, telling them to move and get up, do something, but I couldn't.

    My eyes stung, tears rolled down my cheeks. My heart tore right out of my chest. I couldn't describe the enormous pain and grief I felt. But it hurt. It hurt more than anything. It hurt more then it hurt me when Emily died, more then when my father slipped out of my reach and was taken by the current. It hurt.

    I couldn't hesitate anymore. I pushed and pushed and pushed, using all my force, all my power, all of me to stand up. Somehow.

   I realized my knife was on the floor beside me and I scrambled to get it. Just as I reached it the man beside me flung at me and landed on top of me. Somehow, I managed to push him off of me and scramble away.

    The next few seconds were drastic. I pulled the knife towards the man and swung my arm around his neck, holding the knife to his throat before the guy with the gun could shoot. "Shoot and I'll kill him." My voice came out raspier then I had thought.

    He grinned and laughed. Just then did I realize these men weren't Silencer. They were- I don't even know what they were but they weren't Silencers. Silencers where skilled. They always kept guns with them, they where smarter then to attack. Smarter then to let a 16 year old girl hold them with a knife ready to slip their throats.

    "Oh sweetheart, your threats don't scare me." He didn't think I could do it. Elise put up a fight. Sweat dripped from his forehead, his hair stuck to his head. I wanted nothing more than to slit his throat, make him pay. But I had to be smart. I dragged the man closer to the other, the adrenaline helping me with the power to push him. Almost felt like the pain in my leg wasn't there any more.

    I gripped the knife tighter, pulling his body closer to me. drawing blood from his neck.

    I could get the attacker to do the job for me. I kept stepping closer. "Stop moving kid." He shouted.

    I didn't stop. I kept going, pushing and pushing. I was not five feet away when he pull his gun up onto his shoulder. He was a sniper, the gun he held looked like an M16. Then I four feet away, three, two. Then the sound echoed again. A few loud pops and the man I held jerked. His hand fell from my grip. He was dead.

Somehow, not a single bullet managed to penetrate through the body. But I was thankful to god with my life. I didn't hesitate after. I had to deal with the pain if I wanted to live.

I dropped the body and quickly kicked the man's gun out of his hand, landing somewhere out of his reach. I roared in pain. I tackled him. Landing on top of him and quickly pinning his arms underneath me. He was much bigger, I had to react fast.

I gripped my knife with both hands and with all my strength, I stabbed the man over and over and over again. I didn't close my eyes. I wanted to watch how this man died. I wanted him to feel what Elise felt. I wanted him to grasp for his life. To beg for mercy. I wanted him to realize, his life was over.

I stabbed and stabbed, watching as the blood began to leak out of his body. Gagging on his out blood. He squirmed, trying to wiggle out. But I didn't stop. I wasn't going to stop till I knew this man was dead.

Then the squirming stopped, the once gagging noice was silenced. The only things I could hear was my heart beat.

I stood up. I didn't want to look at her. She made me weak. I love her, but if I looked back at her I wouldn't be able to stop.

The tears stung again. A wave of terror and guilt. I was terrified of being without her, and I felt guilty because I could've done more for her, and it hurt more that she died trying to same me.

I ran to her- ignoring what I told myself otherwise- crashing on me knees- the pain in my leg almost bearable.

The bullet was close enough to Pierce right threw her head. There was blood all over her stomach. Her eyes still open.

    I sniffled, I lost her.

I couldn't take it.

    I held her in my arms, and cried and cried, my wails echoed through the forest. My tears streamed down my cheeks, falling onto her now pale face.

"Please come back." I sniffled. "I need you.

____________________

Hey guys!! Sorry this is short but I hope you like it. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little (not that much tho).