open up , not your legs

i was woken up by someone jumping up and down on the bed and i pushed my hair back and cleared any sleep in my eyes . i looked up at the intruder only to find a 6'2 giant of a man smiling down at me .

" good , you're up . waking you up is like waking up a hibernating bear woman . " he said plopping himself next to me .

" you're such a pain in the fucking ass eva . " i said groaning and sitting up .

" you'll get used to it , now what do you want to eat for breakfast ? it's on me because mom is at work . " he said showcasing his pearly whites .

i just stared at him feeling slightly dizzy from only drinking water for three days today being the fourth .

" I'll just have coffee and a slice of toast . " i said smiling .
" what ??? that's not even a proper meal . hell no , freshen up I'll get started on breakfast downstairs join me when you're done and taste all the goodness . " he said and i examined his outfit , he clearly woke up early .

" not this goodness carla " he said gesturing to his body and i flushed . pervert .

i threw a pillow at his laughing retreating figure and he just kept laughing before he disappeared .

i headed towards the bathroom and brushed my teeth , showered and used his shampoo which was lavender scented then headed back downstairs where a sweet aroma filled my nostrils .

there was freshly brewed coffee , eggs , bacon , ham for some reason and fries .
the food he made would have filled up four people and i wondered if he had guests coming over .

" are you expecting anyone ? " i ask breaking the silence and he turns towards me .
" no why ? did the doorbell ring ? " he asks innocently and i can't help but stare at this beautiful man standing before me .

" no , the feast you're preparing is for more than two people . " i said laughing and slid into one of the chairs surrounding the countertop .

" oh no it's just us , the more the merrier . " he says smiling .
" that refers to people dummy . " i say laughing at him .
" don't care , now eat . " he says sliding a plate in front of me .

i suddenly feel incredibly self conscious . all i asked for was coffee and toast not a freaking buffet .

" uh I'm actually not hungry , I'll just have coffee . " i say reaching for a cup .
" you can't be full because when your mother and i were having breakfast at your house you didn't eat anything and you were at my house the whole day yesterday and yet you still didn't eat anything and you barely ate the macaroni my mom made i noticed you kept playing with it instead . " he said sternly pushing a plate towards me more forcibly this time .

how had he noticed all of this ? what the fuck is this guy doing to me ? i can't keep hanging out with him . his company is turning me soft .

" open up " he says and i look at him .
" not your legs jeesh , that can wait until later on . " he says and i flick his forehead . what a pervert child .

" I'll eat but don't feed me , i can do that myself . " i say grabbing the fork from his hands .

i reluctantly break a piece of bacon and stuff it in my mouth whilst holding my breath and tears start to form in my eyes but i make sure evallyn doesn't see them because it's really embarrassing . i mean it's just food right ?

i look over to him and he's devouring his plate and eating seconds as well . i break the egg into small parts so it looks like i actually ate and i eat my toast leaving the crust . 

" fuck I'm full . " i say and gather the dishes towards the sink . i throw the remains of my food in the bin and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher .

" im not . " he says and he actually ate EVERYTHING and I'm the bear .
" want some mc donalds ? " he asks me and i just stare at him trying to study him and everything about him .

" no thank you I'm full . " i say taking the dishes out and placing them in their places like evallyn showed me . afterwards I went back up to his bedroom and took out a book , my sweet audrina by virginia andrews .

i must have fallen asleep because i woke up with him carrying me down the stairs to his car but i was honestly too tired to ask any questions so i snuggled into his chest and felt him laugh before i fell asleep again .

•                    •                     •                   •

" carlaaaaaaaaaa . " i woke up to him basically screaming in my ear .
" for fucks sake evellyn what is it ? " i said stirring awake and he looked hurt by my harshness and i let out a deep breath .

" im sorry for yelling at you , i hate being woken up you know that . I'm really sorry . " i say holding his hand and he smiles in return .

" we've arrived . " he says and i look out of his car window to see us parked outside of mc donalds . he was actually serious about not being full , holy moly mother of polly .

" you know for someone who just moved to this town you know a lot of places . " I say as i try to stiffle a yawn .

" we used to come here during holidays to visit our grandparents but they moved away when we were fifteen but our gran showed us every place she liked and so did our mom since she grew up here so yeah , i guess that explains it . " he says in one breath .

i notice how he mentions evan even though she's no more and i feel bad for him . i switch my phone on and find 20 missed calls from my mom , oops .