the walls don't only have ears , they talk

" was that specific enough for you ? " he asks towering over me and i sink my teeth into my bottom lip .

" hey you two , off to class . " a teacher yells but my feet are planted on the ground .
" jesus fucking christ have you gone into shock mode ? " he asks before dragging me to my class .

" think about what i said and try to blink will you ? " he says before reluctantly walks away .

i take my seat and the back and i can't seem to focus on anything . all that has taken over my head is evallyn asking me to be his girlfriend .

as i start to actually think about it i feel a tap on the shoulder .
" is it true that you're back with hunter after ditching evallyn ? " mia asks . news , fake news travel fast around here .

" not that it's any of your concern but no , it's not true . " i whisper yell .
" jeesh , what's got your panties in a bunch ? " she snickers before turning back to her phone , asshole .

after class i rush to the girls washroom and splash my face with water , what the hell is happening to me ?

deciding that i won't be able to focus through out class i decide to go home and fetch my car keys .

i quickly took a pass lying about feeling light headed and walked home . when i arrived my mom's car wasn't there and the door was locked .

i took a spare key under the pot plant outside and went inside to my mom's bedroom to find most of her clothes gone , great now i can come back .

" ditching school huh ? " a voice asks snd i quickly turn around to face my favorite pair of green eyes .

" evallyn shouldn't you be at school ? " i ask frustrated .
" well i saw my girlfriend leaving so i got worried that she was sick . " he says looking at me .
" i haven't even agreed to be your girlfriend yet . " i say rolling my eyes at him .
" neither did you say no , also you just said you haven't agreed yet meaning you will so that makes you my girlfriend . " he says walking towards my bedroom .

" how do you know this is my bedroom ? " i ask with one eyebrow raised .
" i kind of stayed here for two hours after you slept then waited for you at my house when i figured you wouldn't want to come back here immediately . turns out you didn't want to be with me too . " he said mumbling the last sentence and i felt bad .

" yeah well it kind of felt like you were agreeing with my mom back there . " i said staring at the ground fighting the urge to cry .

" what the fuck ? i didn't even say anything . " he says looking at me dumbstruck .

" exactly , you didn't . i wasn't expecting you to chew my mom's head off but atleast reassure me that some of the things she said weren't true . remember the day you first came over ? " i said playing with the hem of hunter's shirt .

" the morning i first picked you up for school ? of course i remember . " he said waiting for me to continue with where I was going with this .

" my mom said that i envied her and you kind of agreed with her statement . i know you didn't know about our rocky relationship but it still sucked either way . " i say realizing how stupid i sound .

what the hell is wrong with me ? i just answered myself by saying he didn't know about our rocky relationship but yet I'm still making him feel bad , what in the world ?

" im sorry evallyn , this is stupid i know . " i sad pincing the side of my thigh . he must have noticed because he took my hand in his and kissed my forehead .

" im sorry . I'm sorry for everything , but how am i supposed to know something is bothering you when you don't even speak up ? this is the second time you've ever pointed out something you didn't like yet it's been hounding you for ages . if you don't talk to me I'll never know when you're not okay carla . " i like him , i like this boy so much .

" you're right and I'm sorry for always lashing out on you , it's not fair on you . but you also need to point it out when i hurt you too because i suffer from severe mouth diarrhea . " i say blushing before he burst out laughing .

" you've got that right . " he says patting my head . why does everyone keep doing that ?

" i like you carla , a lot more than you probably even know and i still want you to be my girlfriend . you don't have to answer me now I'm willing to wait for you , no matter how long it takes . " he says burying his face in my neck .

and we stand there for what feels like forever .