specific

i woke up to hunter shaking me to life yelling for me to wake up. 

" hunter bethany o'connell i swear to christ if there isn't a fire or a goose being chased by a swarm of bees i will kill you . " i groaned sitting up and running my hand through my tangled hair .

" it's time for school you creep , and stop looking at me , it feels like my skin is gonna melt under that harsh glare . take these , shower or we'll be late for school twarp . " hunter said before roughly patting my head .

swatting his hand away i grabbed the towel and his clothes then went to the bathroom to freshen up . i took his coconut scented shampoo and it felt wrong , it felt different . it's supposed to smell like lavender , his does .

quickly erasing that thought from my head i lather the shampoo in my hair and start scrubbing my scalp and it felt so good .

after i finished bathing i looked at myself in the mirror . my eyes were swollen from all the crying and i had eyebags . my eyes were blood shot red and i just looked like a complete wreck .

looking away from the girl whom i didn't realize i quickly got dressed in hunter's clothes which were baggy on me so i chose to wear his knee length shorts which were still baggy so i tied them on the waist and wore his black beetles graphic tee .

i wore the sneakers i came here wearing and came out to the corridor where hunter was standing with a backpack slung over his shoulder and god did he kook stunning .

he had black jeans on with a tight white t-shirt on that outlined his abs and muscles . i just wanted to run my hands through those muscles while he stood still and - fuck these thoughts .

" stop looking at me like you want to rip my clothes off , two can play that game . " he said smirking , coming closer . i swear it's like i forgot to breathe when he stood towering over me and placed a hand on my waist then messed my hair up .

" HUNTER ! " i yelled stomping my foot .
" do you know how hard it is to tend an afro ? " i huffed .
" if i was black I'd know but unfortunately i was born in a race that doesn't know what seasoning is . " he says and i burst out laughing .

" come on cookie , we'll be late for school . " he said taking my hand in his and pulled me towards his car and opened the passenger door for me before going to the driver's door .

" thank you hunter , for everything . " i said looking at him and he smiled at me then took my hand and kissed my knuckles .
" anytime cookie . " and with that we drove towards school .

•               •               •               •               •

when we arrived we found evallyn leaning against his car looking around and his eyes landed on me somehow and we locked eyes until hunter found a parking spot further away from evallyn forcing our eye contact to break .

" are you okay ? " hunter asks placing his hand on my thigh and the touch feels familiar , homely .

" yeah . '' i say smiling and placing my hand on top of his and giving it a little squeeze .

" are you ready ? " he asks and i smile in return and open the door . he comes out and grabs his backpack , one which i don't happen to have and we walk in together . i can feel evallyn approaching so i intertwine my arm with hunter's and walk away with him .

glancing backwards , he's gone and i let out a sigh .
" who's he ? " hunter asks keeping a firm grip on my waist as we head towards my locker .

" uh a friend . " i say giving him a small smile and see him frowning . i ignore it and take out  the books I'll need for the first periods and kiss him goodbye on the cheek before walking away and bumping into evallyn .

" who is he ? " he asks staring at me as if expecting me to reassure him that hunter is just a friend .

" that's hunter . " i say mindlessly flipping through my thick physics textbook .
" you know that's not what i meant . " he says .

" well maybe you should have been more specific with your question I'm not a mind reader after all . '' i say looking at him with the same force .

" where did you disappear to last night ? his house ? " he asks his voice full of distaste .
" would you look at that , you're smarter than you look . " i say smiling fakely .

" don't play with me carla , i drove through the entire neighborhood looking for you and went to mia's house looking for you and you were nowhere to be found only for me to find out you spent the night at a guy's house . a guy who you seem to be pretty close with . " he says his voice an octave high .

" okay first of all you're not my boyfriend so stop acting like it , secondly you could have called me but you didn't . " i say not even knowing where my phone is but still refusing to give up without a fight .

" how the fuck would i call you when you left your phone in my car ?! please enlighten me or should i have called hunter's phone ? huh ? since he seems to have more access to you more than me . " he says clearly hurt by this whole hunter situation .

" stop acting like we're dating ! " i fire back.

" okay then let's make this easier , carla will you be my girlfriend ? " he asks knocking the breath out of me and the bell rings but i can barely hear it .