"a night to remember"

seventeen
3rd person

Hoseok brought Haven to a restaurant in uptown Manhattan.

It was about two stories. The first thing she noticed was how the lights were dimmed. The music they played in the background was melancholic, coming from a live band. She heard the cries of the violin and the soft whimpers of the piano. The music was sort of depressing but it picked her adrenaline.

"This is called La Chambre Rouge. A restaurant specializing in French cuisine with a dabble of American dishes. I picked this place for us tonight because I think it'll be amusing to hear your opinion on their meals, especially since you're an amazing chef." Hoseok explained.

Haven nodded and kept her arm linked with his as he spoke to the receptionist. She realized that nobody except adults seemed to eat here, which was fine with her. But still odd.

"Right this way mademoiselle et monsieur." Said the French waitress as she shouted them to their table.

"It's so.." haven started, but she couldn't get her words out. How is it that she hadn't stumbled upon this dining place before? She had ate at plenty of restaurants before in Manhattan, uptown and downtown.

"So?" Hoseok searched for a complete answer.

Haven nibbled on her bottom lip as they walked up the slim steps leading to the second floor.

"Different." She finished. The author chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"I figured that would be your response. But you'll like what I have planned. I promise." He says. Haven could only trust his words.

"I will first start you off with some appetizers." The kind waitress says. She sits them at a round table draped with a devilish red table cloth and a long black silk piece of fabric laying across the middle as a runner.

The false candles in the middle of the table served as light, giving them a space to see each other and their food. And some of the people around them.

Haven opens up her menu. All of the food looked good. But just because it looked good didn't mean that it was good. So she would chose wisely.

"Hmm.. I'll have the cheese soufflé." Hoseok says. The waitress nodded and jotted that down on her notepad. Hoseok looked over at Haven who seemed to be having a hard time deciding. He chuckled.

"Dear? Do you need help making a decision?" He teased. Haven looked up at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"N-no I have it. Thank you." She said. The waitress looked over at her expecting to have an answer. Haven realized they wouldn't look away until she said something.

"I'll just have the olive tapenade. How many bread chips does it come with?"

"Hmm, about 8 I'm certain." The waitress responds. "Is that okay?"

"That's fine. Thank you." Haven sighed. The waitress promised to be back with their appetizers and Hoseok had already requested a bottle of red wine for the table.

He licked over his lips and leaned back to look at Haven. She looked scared. Out of her element. It was adorable. He didn't want her to be uncomfortable. Perhaps he should've waited another week before choosing to go about this activity. But in his defense he couldn't let the opportunity pass him by another week.