V1: CH 6: It Seems So Easy

"It's a bit too easy getting a unique job, considering my level don't you think?" Dilim asked the Roger while eyeing him suspiciously.

"Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth young man. Well in this case it's more like a lion." Roger answered. "But you will understand what I mean once you accepted my offer."

"Ok   I accept the job." Dilim answered finally consenting to Roger's offer .

Job Accepted! (Unique) Grand Sage I

You have now become a Grand Sage (Stage I)

Skills/Abilities limiters removed.

INT + 20, WIS + 20

FAME + 200

New Rare Ability Gained!

(Active) Dimension Transfer (Novice) LVL 1

Enables transfer to another dimension. When returning to the original dimension you will be returned from where you originally accessed the area.

MP COST: 100

Current Areas Accessible:

Great Library of Sages (Unique Area)

New Job Specific Trait Gained!

(Passive) Grand Sage Ancestry LVL MAX

Successor to the Lineage of Grand Sage Ponaius the First, this ability is only granted to someone if the Ancestry of Sages line has exceeded 15 generations. Each generation strengthens this trait. Sage Ancestry is not based by blood but by choice. As the latest of the line of these sages you will slowly gain access to the personal libraries of each Sage that came before you as you grow stronger.

Current Ancestry Generation: 25

MP + 250

ALL STATS + 25

"Pretty impressive results, but why is it stage I?" Dilim asked in confusion.

"That my boy is the catch. You don't just get everything in one go you know. It isn't that easy as you think. Those are limiters to ensure that the new sage doesn't go mad once all the information is pumped into their heads. Imagine thousands of years of knowledge rushing into your mind. You would go crazy or even die!" Roger exclaimed.

"What!!!" Dilim shouted in alarm.

"Don't worry about it that's what the limiters are for. He he he." Roger giggled.

"Are you insane? I don't want to die. I just got started."

"Maybe just a little bit." Roger answered, motioning his thumb and finger signifying a small measure. "Come on now, it's a privilege to be a Sage."

"But still there is a risk that either I go insane or I die!" Dilim shouted standing up from his seat.

"Now, now stop your whining and let me explain why there are stages."

                Dilim, realized that there isn't any other option now since he already accepted the job took his seat furiously.

"The stages are there to ensure that when you are ready you can gain access to the different libraries that were made by the Sages before you. For now you can only access the general library of sages. There it is only the basic of basics. In the other libraries are the research and secret knowledge of each predecessor that came before you. Only when you have mastered each stage can you truly say you have become a Grand Sage."