V1: CH 9: Bang, Bang Dead

Having completely ignored the rat kill requirement for one of his quests, Dilim proceeded to exterminate all the rats in the warehouse, corner by corner. He was placed in a couple of tough spots, especially when they all swarmed all over him, but he managed to get out of it by clambering on top of the sacks of grain. Since he repeated this tactic over and over again, Dilim eventually gained the climbing ability.

New General Ability Gained!

(Passive) Climbing (Novice) LVL 1

Reduces drain on stamina when climbing by 1%

Climbing speed + 1

Current Drain on Stamina in Climbing 5 points/meter.

                Although not necessarily, a great ability, it did make it easier for Dilim to get to the top of the stacks before the rats could completely rush him. 2 and 1 Damages are not much but if 50 to 80 rats are hitting at the same time it could spell death to a beginner. Thankfully becoming a Grand Sage granted Dilim with enough stat bonuses to give him a significant boost in health and regeneration, which enabled him to continuously engage up to 30 rats with no trouble at all.

  The real problem is not really the rats themselves but rather their ability to form packs, call reinforcements and very high attack speed. A single rat could inflict around 20 points of damage if left alone for 10 seconds and can even kill a careless beginner in short order.

                Dilim slashed, kicked, punched and stomped on any rat that came to attack him. Strangely enough he didn't learn a single attack skill during this entire time. Though it did bother him, He simply clamped his mouth and pushed forward undeterred by the multitude of rats he engaged.

                After a couple of hours since he started he had finally eliminated the last rat on the ground floor, gained 3 levels and his inventory was now packed with rat fur, teeth, claws, tails, eyes, meat and even a few rat blood that dropped in vials. Taking one last survey of the ground floor after he cleaned out the clean grain and the rotted ones, he gained an additional 2 points in PER and made sure to pick up all the rat feces as well. But as he was finishing up doing so, his survey was interrupted, by the sound of scurrying coming from the floor above where the warehouse office was. Grabbing the last of the items on the floor he quickly went to the foot of the staircase.

"Better make sure that the rats don't come back." Dilim muttered to himself, giving in to his inner self of being thorough. At the convenience store in the real world Mike would always make sure that rats don't enter the storage, because if his boss finds out he would be in serious trouble and it just isn't in his nature.

                Taking his dagger he slowly sneaked up the stairs and crept across the balcony to the office window facing the inside of the warehouse. Making sure to make no noise, he then took a peek at the open window; inside he saw something that made him stare in horror.

                The entire office had become a rat lair. Tables were broken, books ripped to pieces, chairs toppled over and rotting grain is scattered all over the floor. But even with all that mess in the room, Dilim was only staring at the furthest corner. Inside there were two of the largest rats he had seen so far each were the size of small cat.