V1: CH 17: The Healer Gallea.

Waiting for several moments to let his HP recover a bit, Dilim went through his plan again in his head. Grabbing his vine rope, he made a lasso at one end and tossed it to the grassy ground around 4 to 5 meters away from the wall, making sure to hold tightly on the other end of the rope. Standing at the very corner of the wall Dilim continued to wait and watch as the Mantis randomly roamed in the garden.

                After around an hour or so, Dilim saw that his HP reached around 50% finally, but the left shoulder injury was still flashing there, grimly reminding him how his current target just recently gave him a severe beating that nearly killed him. Letting out a tsk and closing his status window, he readied himself as the Mantis's roaming started to bring it closer to his wall.

"Alright, come on! You big green overgrown bug! Come here and let me scrape you off my feet!" Dilim shouted as the Mantis finally came close enough to notice him.

                  The mantis immediately took notice of him and proceeded to march towards him with booming steps. Luckily the monster was an aggressive type, so Dilim didn't have to approach it at all in order to get its attention. As the monster came closer he readied to throw the bundle of weeds he was holding in his left hand. He watched carefully each step the monster took. And when he saw it take a step into his lasso, Dilim threw the weeds at the monster effectively distracting its view of him. Urgently jumping down, he ran around the monster while pulling the rope. By the time the weeds stopped blocking the Mantis's view, Dilim was nowhere to be seen. All it could feel was a pull on one of its front legs.

                 As the Mantis tried to turn around and follow along the strange pull, it felt another coming from one of his back legs and soon it was unable to move as, every time it did it felt like it would fall over. Looking down it saw something tightly wrapped around each of its legs and was preventing it from moving where it stood. Due to the relative size of its body and structure the legs of the mantis were too far away for its forearms to reach and try as it might to break the tightly bound rope around its legs it was unable to do so without proper momentum. Finally with all it's struggling the mantis, became unbalanced and fell with a loud thud on its flank.

                  Seeing his foe on its side, Dilim grinned from ear to ear as he lightly smacked the mace head on the palm of his hand and approached his in capitated enemy. The next few moments, became a scene of carnage that is not suitable for young children.

                   Something liquid splattered against the grass as a man shadowed by the wall and only partially lit by the moonlight could be seen slamming down a blunt object against a large hill mound looking figure on the ground. The man was standing on top leaning with one leg, the other was on the ground and his laughter could be heard as each blow made a disgusting squelching sound. The man would occasionally take a quick break and would then transfer to a different part of the mound and start hammering away. The area he would strike would make a peng sound at first but the after several blows the sound would gradually change to cracking sounds until finally into sickening squelching ones that could be heard earlier.

                  The figure on the ground was screeching weakly as each blow washed the blunt object in the man's hand with its blood. Nearly half of its body has been beaten to a pulp. Its carapace was heavily cracked and dozens of areas of its body were completely devoid of it. The man's blows weren't that painful at first, but when the man started breaking through the carapace, it started to screech loudly and finally clicking its mandibles weakly it could only squeak as the man approached its head.

Dilim has defeated Click Clack the Giant Mantis!

You have defeated this boss using an unconventional method: EXP +350

You have defeated alone a boss which is 5 times your level: EXP + 500

Dilim Level Up!

System Reward!

For defeating a boss 5 times your level and no party.

1x Gold Random Item Chest has been placed in your inventory.

Dilim received 1x Gold Random Item Chest!

"Ah! That felt refreshing!" Dilim shouted out in relief and swung out both his arms. "What a great stress reliever!" Dilim then tossed his broken mace into his inventory happily and without care. Nothing could disturb his current happy moment not even the sight of his first weapon severely broken.

                     He picked up the loot that dropped and scattered all around the ground from his "activity" and proceeded to weed out the remaining parts of the garden. Once complete, he whistled a tune and marched towards the house in the middle of the garden. Tearing away the vines that blocked up the door, Dilim entered with a loud creak of rusty hinges announcing his entry.

"Who is it?" A light voice asked in the darkness of the house. "I'm sorry I can't see you I ran out of oil to burn days ago."

"I'm sorry to disturb you ma'am! The name is Dilim. I am here to help you out. I believe you sent a request to the village center?" Dilim introduced himself politely.

                     A small running figure barreled into him with a crash, tossing him on his rump. A little girl of what looked like 12 or 14 was bawling her eyes out.

"Waaaahh!! Finaaaaally, ssswwooooommewwwone came! Waaah!" The little girl bawled hugging Dilim tightly. "Soooooo mwaannnyyy sccccwwwaaaryyy buuuuwwwgggsss!!!!"

"Uh? Miss Gallea?" asked Dilim in confusion, staring at the tiny girl in a frilly white dress lined with red on his lap that was wetting his chest with her tears.

"I wasssssshhhh allllmooosshhhttt oooouuuutttt offff mmyyyy ffffaaaavvoooriitttteee caaannnddyyy tooo!!!" The girl continued to weep loudly, clutching still to Dilim. "I wassshhhhh shhhhtttttaaaaarrrrviiiiinnggg alllrreeeeeddddweeee!!!"

"Uh, Miss?" Dilim asked again, but the girl kept crying and bawling.

              Gritting his teeth in annoyance Dilim formed a fist and clonked the girl on the head, abruptly stopping her crying.

"Ow!!!! Whhhaaaaat!!!" The little girl whined, sniffing up her snot, clutching her head and looking up at Dilim.

"Are you Gallea?" Dilim asked

"Yeshh! I am!" The girl shouted at him still rubbing the spot where Dilim hit her.

Dilim just stared at the girl. "First, a boss in the middle of the village and now a little girl for a healer?" There must be something seriously wrong with this place he thought to himself as the little girl sat herself down on the ground properly rubbing her head.