V1: CH 13: A Buggy Problem.

It took Dilim only a couple of minutes to reach the village herb garden and what he found there was extremely unsightly. The fences were overgrown by weeds, some were already creeping over the sides and the footpath is now barely visible and several of the stones have been turned over by the roots of the weeds. The house at the middle of the garden was also covered all the way to the roof by the creeping weeds. The door of the house has been sealed shut as well and the windows were completely covered too.

                Treading carefully in Dilim was forced to use his knife to cut a path through the high grass that has grown over the footpath. Even though the effectiveness of the knife against the grass was rather low, Dilim managed to make a slow but gradual progress into the garden.

                Suddenly Dilim felt a bite on his leg and he saw his life go down by 2%. Shocked at the sudden attack, he looked down to find a huge beetle like bug the size of his thigh attached and chewing away at his leg, further reducing his life every second. Alarmed Dilim ran out of the garden only to unsuccessfully dislodge his attacker which has now reduced his life by another 3%. Seeing as only one is attacking him, he took a closer look and found floating above its head is Giant Grass Beetle LVL 9.

                Taking his knife, Dilim started slashing at the beetle's back but to his surprise he barely reduced its health by 1% every 3 strikes. Amazed at the beetle's high defense, he started to panic as he saw his health gradually dropped. With sweat coming out of his back from the continuous pain he was receiving Dilim tripped and fell with the beetle still gnawing at his leg. Checking quickly on what tripped him he saw a large rock near his other leg, which caused him to have an idea.

                He quickly grabbed the rock and thinking like a construction worker, Dilim used his knife as a nail and the rock as a hammer and started forcing the knife into the beetle's back. His effort was then shown when the beetle started receiving large amount of damage as the knife finally cracked and pierced its thick carapace. As the knife dug deeper, the beetle's life bar quickly dropped as well until in a few seconds it reached 4%. 

                When the beetle's life reached 1% it let go of Dilim and attempted to escape back to the garden, luckily with Dilim's new gloves he managed to hold tightly to his knife which has lodge deep into the beetle's back preventing it from escaping. Satisfied that the beetle was not a threat anymore, He stood up and lifted the beetle closer so that he could examine it.

                After a minute of close examination, Dilim realized that the beetle had very high life and defence, mid-level attack and very slow movement due to its stubby six legs. Taking one last knock with the rock on the knife handle the beetle finally died and turned grey, leaving behind a carapace shell and an antenna. The real trouble for Dilim now is since the garden is covered by weeds the bugs though slow have a lot of cover to hide in and will be able to ambush him if he makes an attempt to enter. Additionally his knife is not a good enough weapon to deal with the bugs.

                Remembering he had the special loot from the rat bosses that he killed last time, Dilim took a seat at the side walk to think about his plan of action during which he pulled out the items he got from the rat bosses. 5 items were dropped by the rat bosses when he defeated them, a small knife with a fang for a blade, a copper ring, 2 bright red cards depicting each of the bosses and a small pearly white coin token.