V1: CH 7: What to do now?

Having identified the book and stored it in his inventory Dilim went back to the village square and took a look around. Although he came into the game with so much determination to succeed and become famous, he didn't really know how to go about it. All he knew was he needed a class and a job, but to move on from there he was clueless. With no prior knowledge on how to play games Dilim was at a loss on what to do.

Scratching his head Dilim applied logic and went over to the largest building in the village he could find, thinking that large buildings mean that it is generally important. As he approached he saw a couple of NPC guards in patched up leathers lounging about by the doorway and he tried to talk to them.

"Good Morning! Excuse me, but can you tell me what this building is for?" Dilim asked and waved to the guards.

"You blind? Look at the sign its right there." The first guard surly answered, not bothering to look at him and pointed his spear at a sign posted at a wall of the entrance.

"Good Sir, that sign is faded and broken. Maybe you can tell me."

"Good Sir? I don't know about that. This here is the village center." The second guard answered after taking a glance at the sign above his head.

"Is this where I can find quests to do?" Dilim asked

"Not our job kid. Go inside if you want. Tilly, the woman at the counter will talk to you. If you bother us again, I'll put you in jail for a day for disturbing the peace." The first guard answered. 

                Shocked at the treatment, Dilim tightened his lips and quietly went inside the building. Inside there wasn't anybody beside a woman who was obviously sleeping on her elbows at a counter. Dilim could actually hear the light snores coming from her.

Taking a quick glance at the reception, Dilim saw that the place is in disrepair and has been completely neglected, a few waiting chairs were broken, the table at the side was covered by thick dust and the potted plants looked like it was dying and hasn't been watered for months. Even the carpet at the middle of the room was tattered, frayed and discolored.

                By the looks of it the villagers of Barko Village have finally given up trying to make their village better. When Dilim first arrived the village already looked very shabby from the outside. But now that he was inside one of the facilities it looked even more so. After knocking on the wooden counter a few times, Dilim managed to wake the woman sleeping on it.

"Huh? Wha...?" The woman said groggily and rubbing her eyes.

"Excuse me, miss?" Dilim asked politely.

"Ah!!!" the woman shouted once she saw Dilim clearly, making her fall of her chair and onto her bottom.

"Hey, miss are you ok??" Dilim said looking over the counter, getting a full view of the woman for the first time.

                The woman had shoulder length ponytail black hair, a sharp face and a decent figure and looked like she was in her early thirties. She stood up quickly brushed herself off and took her seat.

"I'm sorry about that sir. It's just your appearance is quite surprising. Those eyes you have are kind of strange." The woman said.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. The guards outside told me, I should speak to someone called Tilly?" Dilim asked.

"That would be me sir. How may I help you?"

"Umm, where can I find quests to do?"

"Well, quests are easy enough to find. You can get them directly from people of the village or you can get them from the quest board over there at the waiting corner." Tilly answered pointing to a message board next to the broken chair behind Dilim.