V1: CH 14: Hammer Time.

He spent a couple of hours observing the outer surroundings of the herb garden, but to Dilim's dismay he hadn't found a solution to his problems. Utterly frustrated, he paced just outside of the gate as he racked his brains for a logical solution to beating the bugs. Until a clanging sound that was being carried in the wind interrupted his train of thought.  Curios, he followed it back to the source and he arrived at a small shack and couple of rows of weapon and armor racks, where a sweating heavily muscled grandpa was hammering away at a piece of metal on an anvil next to a small forge.

                By the looks of the leather apron and cloth outfit that the man wore Dilim saw, he concluded that this must be the village blacksmith, Jonathan. Quietly observing the man and making sure not to interrupt what he was doing, Dilim waited until Jonathan was finished hammering before he approached him.

"Hello?"

"Hmmpf!" Jonathan grunted turning his back at him.

"Are you the village blacksmith?"

"Are ye daft man? No, I'm doing this to pass the time. Blithering idiot!" The man replied sarcastically as he cooled the metal in a pail of water and not bothering to look up at Dilim.

                Of all the people Dilim met in Barko Village, this man was by far the most productive since he was clearly hard working, but he was also the most anti-social among all of them as well. Added the fact the Dilim was already frustrated with his current bug problems, he silently calmed himself down, bit his lip gently, did his best not to snap at the man and spoke gently in a civilized manner.

"Do you have any weapons I might take a look at?" Dilim asked straining a smile.

"Use your eyes then and not your mouth. The racks are there for a reason." Jonathan replied as he inspected the blade he just cooled.

                Annoyed at the man's attitude, Dilim went to the racks and found several weapons and pieces of armor laid on them. Taking his time he inspected each of the weapons and armor slowly, only to find that there wasn't any that are of use to him, since they were all made of bronze and none of the weapons were blunt types, which he could use against the bugs' carapace.

"Either buy something or leave." Jonathan added as he went back to his hammering.

"Umm, excuse me, but do you have any blunt weapons?" Dilim asked quietly this time not waiting for the man to finish hammering.

"All you see is what you get and unless you are sure to pay for it I won't make it." Jonathan replied.

"How much would it cost?"

"If I'm using my materials alone then 4 silvers and if you have your own ore, then depending on the weapon it could cost as much as 10 silvers minimum."

"A little expensive don't you think especially for bronze items." Dilim replied as his eyes widened at the price.