My Return

Riley's POV

     "Ry Ry, wake up were at your pack house" My eyes snapped open to see my best friend Dylans face. It's been over two years since I've been home. It was weird to see the house I haven't been back in for a few years now, it held a lot of memories, good, bad and great.

Lets just say I look different then when I was sixteen. I had decided that I should come back home and I asked my father if my best friend could come. Dylan left his pack for one main reason. And I'm thankful he came.

He was a Beta at his pack, so I was surprised when he said he would come. I probably wouldn't be able to be here without him.

I sat upright and looked out the car window. It looked exactly how I remember. It looked very neighbor-hood friendly. Kids playing soccer, just hanging out with eachother. Our neighboorhood was the exact thing you would see on a Tv show. Too bad it had a terrible personality.

I slowly got out of the car while still looking around. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. I looked over and saw my parents coming out. "Mom, dad." I walked slowly into my Dads open arms and gave him a hug. I did the same to my Mom not even noticing Dylan coming up behind me.

     My mom pushed me at arms length and looked me over

My mom pushed me at arms length and looked me over. "Oh my god. Riley look at you. You look great." She said moving hair out of my face. "And look you have boobs now" my eyes grew wide when she said that.

"Mom! You cant just yell that out!" She just rolled her eyes and waved it off. I heard Dylan cracking up behind me. I threw my elbow back straight into his stomach which he made him stop laughing, and made me laughing.

My laughter soon got cut short when I heard my brothers voice.

"Riley?" I looked up to see him. He looked  shocked and I could see many emotions go through his eyes; regret, guilt, and a little bit of anger. He also looked a lot older. "Hey Derek" I said softly. He looked back at me with a sad smile.

"Hey Riley. You um, look different." He said looking down at the ground while scratching the back of his neck nervously. I laughed at his nervousness, and gave him a small smile.

I know he was a big jackass to me and there will always be unresolved emotions, but I had learned that family meant everything and I should not forget that. Australia made me realize several things.

"Well I hope so. " I chuckled, my dads voice snapped us out of the awkwardness.

"So, Dylan did you do good for Riley?" I looked up to see Dylan looking at my Dad with a huge smile.

"I did in fact Sir. In my old pack I was the best fighter and I trained Riley. Lets just say she is almost a better fighter then me but not quite yet." He said with a goofy smile.

  I looked up at him, my moth wide open. He looked down and simply winked at me. I narrowed my eyes as he turned away to look back at my Dad.

Bitch.

"So Derek. Why did you leave your pack. You were clearly a Beta." My heart started going faster.

I froze at that question. Swallowing loudly, I could feel sweat start to from on my forehead. Dylan obviously saw, so he put a hand on my shoulder and a light squeeze

"It was personal problems between me and the Alpha." It sounded shady but at least people would believe it. My Dad looked at Dylan suspiciously before nodding and turning back to me.

"I forgot to tell you, your brother is now Beta. Alex's father had died and he took Alpha. I figured that Derek would do well. And so far he has. " My dad said with a proud look in his eyes as he clamped a hand down on Derek's shoulder.

I turned to look at Derek. He had a shy smile on his face as he met my eyes. He still look very sad and regretful look, plastered on his face.

I sighed as I spoke up. "That's really great Derek. Did you find your mate yet?" Derek had a look of surprise on his face then turned into confusion. He probably doesn't know why I'm talking to him.

"Actually I did. Her name is Kate. We had met a little over a year ago." He said happily. I could tell he was in love since his face lit up when he said her name.

In all honestly, I'm happy. Even though he was a pretty shitty brother he still deserved happiness.

+

We had talked for a little more, until I decided I should go unpack. I had gone straight upstairs to my old room which still looked the same. A light red canopy queen bed against a grey wall with pictures and quotes everywhere.

I remembered the day I decided to put my room together.

I had been with Avery and we wanted our rooms to represent us. We went online to pick out or own favorite quotes to cut the words and letters out of magazines and tape then up.
That was one of the bet memories I had of Avery.

After looking around my room and reminiscing with a bit of tears coming to my eyes, I had unpacked and set my room up with even more pictures of some of my new family.

+

I was on my bed writing and listening to music when my mom had called me downstairs for dinner with a few of the pack members. I turned off my music and walked down stairs to join everybody.

While walking into the kitchen I had bumped into a very hard chest. I had felt the sparks instantly and regretted coming down.

I slowly looked up to look him in the eyes. My breathe caught in my throat as I looked into the bright green eyes I had been afraid to see for the past two years.

"Alex"

••••••___________________________

••••••
___________________________

keep reading! it gets better!