Heartache

I'm just putting in pictures/gifs of who I picture as the characters but please feel free to imagine whoever you want as whatever character!

    "Nate." I greeted with ice in my voice. "Wish it were longer."

    "Come on." He grinned, taking his hands out of his jacket and crossing them over his chest. "Don't be like that. Why don't you come here and give me a pash?"

He has gained more muscle since I️ had last seen him. He wasn't as lanky as he used to be. He also had darker hair. It was still his signature blonde yet it now had a brownish tint to it. He looked a older as well. His pale skin and wrinkles have him an older look. If I️ didn't know any better I'd say he was at least twenty-seven and not twenty.

     I let out a dry laugh. "Don't be like what? Pissed? Bitter? Murderous?"

    "Oh come on!" He laughed with a gleeful smile. "You won't kill me. We both know that."

    "You don't know what I can or will do anymore." I growled as I feel my body wanting to phase. Just the sight of him made me want to kill him. Here he was, bleach blonde and tan and I️ wanted nothing more but to shift and tear into him for what he's done to me.

    "On the contrary beautiful. I know a lot about you. You and I both know that there is no one who knows you better than I do." Nate's face was stoic and he was true. Nate knew me better than anyone out there. I had told him everything about myself and my life when I first met him. I trusted him with my life then. Of course he knew me better than anyone. But that didn't mean that he meant anything to me.

    I️ glared back at him. "Your hair is different. Prefer the blonde, but you look just as gorgeous as a brunette." Nate said with a smile while his eyes raked over me.

   "Good thing you opinion means nothing to me." I️ said back with a sarcastic smile. He frowned before looking at me again.

     Nate took in a deep breath before exhaling with a grin. "You only smell faintly of that dirty mutt of a mate. That means you haven't completed the uh, process. Good news to me, that you're clearly not a goer."

    My eyes twitched at that. "Don't you dare call him that." Sure I was still beyond mad at Alex but no one, and I mean no one, gets to talk about my mate like that. Except for me.

    This only made Nate grin wider. "Why? Have a hit a soft spot? Seems as though your mate hasn't done that." He snarled out the word mate.

     My eyes narrowed into dangerous slits. "Trust me Nathaniel, my mate with be hitting many of my soft spots." I knew two things I just said would pissed him off. Number One: He hated being called his full name. Number Two: He's gonna hate to think of me in bed with Alex.

     Nate's grin dropped immediately which I celebrated internally. He kicked at the gravel below his feet as he walked to stand next to me, and in front of Avery. "Now now, that is a dangerous game you're trying to play." He turned to face Avery's grave with a smile. "Oh how lovely! Is this the famous Avery? It's good to finally meet you."

     I grabbed his arm, spinning him away from her grave. "Don't you dare-" Nate cut me off.

    "Don't do what?" He challenged with a smirk. His bright blue eyes were shinning. This psychotic bastard was having a good time. "What will you possibly do to me?"